Model release not yet attached

hi all,

i've just got 5 zooms of the same series where i flagged that i have  a model release but at the time uploading i forgot to attach MR files.

i didn't expect Alamy accepted my submissions, in fact they showed a red flag  in the Attributes section.

otherwise right now all 5 files are accepted and zoomed because a potential buyer used [MR] as search option.

should i expect a sell even if i didn't upload a model release?

is it enough for a potential buyer to know i have a model release even if i didn't attach it yet?

i am aware i should upload a MR file for each location/date even if it's the same person.

thanks in advance

I thought images wouldn't go on sale until the MR was attached if you have indicated that you have them. Anyway you can attach them later. Sometimes I upload images and indicate that I don't have MRs so they will go on sale then, when I've got the MRs, I go back and add them.

Pearl

I may remember wrong, it may be somewhere else than Alamy, but I remember that you ticked that you possessed the MR and didn't necessarily have to upload it in the beginning (for me in 2009) and it later became necessary to upload the MR  with the image.

I think that when key wording if you say you have a model release and don't attach it then the image won't appear on sale

If you don't say you have a model release (ie answer "no" ) then the image will appear on sale, and once it's on sale you can change it to yes for a nodel release and not upload one and it will remain on sale. At any time after that you can upload the release.

I am sure your sale would go through with no problems UNLESS you stated that you had a release and subsequently were not able to produce one if it were then requested

Kumar

Kumar, my english is not good enough to understand properly your last sentence sorry :(

I had a search with [MR] option enable: are you saying this customer zoomed in and quit because he/she saw there were not a MR attached as promised?

thanks

The main reason i didn't attach a MR at time uploading is i have about 200 pictures of the same model in different situations.

For some of these locations/dates i have a MR, for some i don't have at the moment but i can produce MRs if needed.

How do you manage such situations? May be model is your son or daughter ...

The main reason i didn't attach a MR at time uploading is i have about 200 pictures of the same model in different situations.

For some of these locations/dates i have a MR, for some i don't have at the moment but i can produce MRs if needed.

How do you manage such situations? May be model is your son or daughter ...

I get a different MR for each person and date.  So if I have photographed two people on the same day I need 2 MRs (one from each) but if I photographed them both on three different days I would need 6 MRs (three from each).  It doesn't matter about the location so you can go to different places on the same day and not need extra MRs.  I hope you can understand that.

Pearl

Hi KODAKovic

No, I think most buyers would happily go ahead with the sale.

What I meant was that if they purchased the image and used it, and at a later date requested the model release you must be able to produce it (ie if you say you have a model release you must have one, even if it is not attached to the image)

Regards

Kumar

Thanks Doc, do they ask it to Alamy or to me directly?

Peael, i'm not sure about your last sentence 'cause in every MR form has written "shoot description" and/or "shoot location" so if you travel during a day you must fill a different form for every location.

Peael, i'm not sure about your last sentence 'cause in every MR form has written "shoot description" and/or "shoot location" so if you travel during a day you must fill a different form for every location.

Mine don't mention location or shoot description

Pearl

Archived