This has been a great story! Got be one of the best image theft stories ever!  I have sold a couple of shed lock pictures....then last month had my shed broken into....so now offering for sale photos of a shed broken into in an attempt to pay for the new £30 lock I bought......four or five sales should do it ;)

I believe Alamy has issued retrospective licences in the past, at least I read it somewhere in the forums.

If that is the case the OP does not have a leg to stand on regarding illegal usage.

My opinion only.

Allan

In the past, Alamy has issued the Daily Muddle with restrospective licences for unreported uses. Sadly, Alamy's policy is to charge them their current price, not the higher price which prevailed at the time of the unreported use, and certainly no 'discouraging' penalty for not reporting a use.

The DM has a contract but the police had none. I'd be monumentally dischuffed about this.

Discovering an infringement after a few months or years is a bit easier to deal with- the 'well I was going to license at the end of the month' line no longer holds water. Just a thought, as is not putting it on a forum or otherwise drawing attention before one's ducks are in a row.

Still wondering about Alamy's contractual rights to license retrospectively.

Still wondering about Alamy's contractual rights to license retrospectively.

Don't they effectively do that all the time with the Newspaper scheme, i.e Newspapers print first, then (hopefully) declare later?

The newspapers have a contract allowing for self-reporting. This example is quite different.

I'm repeating myself now.

It was them, they have just added this 

https://twitter.com/PSNIAntrim/status/755429813112954880

Did they at least pay for two uses now (assuming it's an RM image)? 

One sale has shown up (Its RM)

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Industry sector: Government (local, regional, national) ;  Start: 02 August 2016 ; End: 02 August 2021 ;  Additional Details: License valid from 01/07/2016 

$23.02 -$11.51 $11.51 UK

Archived