I just have around 160 images on Alamy, so no sales yet.

However, I'm curious on how the sales procedure works.

After reading the forum, I understand that payment can take months.

What about the sale?

Do I get a notice as soon as someone have purchased an image?

Do I get the name of the buyer?

What info do I get?

The reason I ask, is because, I'm thinking of using Pixsy, both for my homepage, and my images on Alamy.

Seems a bit tiresome and unnecessary, to have to check with Alamy for every of my images I find, to see if it's been sold by Alamy or not.

(I don't have photos on other agencies).

Thanx

Hello Odd,

Do I get a notice as soon as someone have purchased an image?  Yes.

Do I get the name of the buyer?  No.

What info do I get?  What it is used for, editorial, book, magazine, television, etc. Country/s where it will be used. Length of term of use, anything from one day to 20+years. Price licensed for, of which you get 50%, unless it is through a distributor, then less after cuts are taken.

Allan

t I don't personally understand their reasons at all,

Geoff.

The buyer is Alamy's customer, not ours. If they reported who it was, photographers would attempt to bypass Alamy and sell direct. As it is you can find many uses with GIS.

Thank you both for your answers.

So if I'm gonna start using Pixsy, I need to ask Alamy if the image is sold every time I find some of my images somewhere?

Anybody here using Pixsy?

Any experience with Pixsy?

Looks it works better for photographers who only have a website, and/or are selling direct.

If you find an image that hasn't reported as sold within 3 months, check with MS. Don't pester them before then. In any case Pixsy won't act before you've checked.

True. 

Not even sure if I need Pixsy, I only have my images on my site and here at Alamy.

The images at Alamy is covered with watermarks, so maybe it want be a problem.

And since I only sell my images here, I guess it would be easier for Alamy to take action if needed.

Odd, do I know you from FFA?

A lot of your images appear dark, underexposed. Have you calibrated your monitor? If not, do so. They may look bright with shadow detail on your monitor, but I'm not seeing shadow detail.

Betty

No, I'm not on FAA.

Yes, my monitor is calibrated. (A while ago).

The dark photos was taken an early, cloudy summer morning.

I like a dark, moody look, but I can see that they're not suited for stock.

I've now deleted the images, but I guess it can take a while before they disappear.

No, I'm not on FAA.

Yes, my monitor is calibrated. (A while ago).

The dark photos was taken an early, cloudy summer morning.

I like a dark, moody look, but I can see that they're not suited for stock.

I've now deleted the images, but I guess it can take a while before they disappear.

If you shot the dark ones in RAW, maybe you can reprocess them and lift the exposure while watching for noise to creep in. I've reprocesses some of my early ones and applied selective noise reduction. They turned out well.

Archived