New Contributor Tools Announced - The end of Flash :)

somewhere hidden in the simplification of restrictions the new contributor tools are announced for September. 

http://www.alamy.com/blog/simplifying-restrictions-millions-options-four

YEAH!!! - I am so looking forward to them :)

Edit:

thanks to Matt for spotting - in this thread 

I understand that point of view, Geoff.

My personal involvement with Alamy includes planning shoots, shooting, PP, and keywording. Basically, I trust Alamy to do the best they can with everything else. And this is not a co-op agency. Of course as a retired pro and a senior, I'm not building a career. This is what I do now instead of playing golf or watching daytime TV. Many contriburors have different levels of involvement. Good on 'em.   :)

Totally agree Ed with both points. Just "beamed ya up" to a giddy 1,000 greenies ! LOL

Well, one of our forum heroes (cough) threw Ed a coward's arrow and knocked him back down to 999 . . . rectified :-)

dd

I missed that -- thanks, Dusty. ;)

. . . hey, love the new avatar . . . seems the cult of the selfie has spread to Manhattan . . . ;) . . . to be fair, I've followed suit . . .

dd

Was that an official announcement or just a hint?

No, it's official: selfies are "in" in Manhattan . . . ;)

dd

It's been talked about a lot lately because they are sometimes used for non-personal use. Some clients seem to be purchasing PU as it's the cheapest way to get the non-watermarked hi-res image, then using it for other purposes. That's why some want to opt out, not because of the fees.

Geoff.

+1

Paul.

It's been talked about a lot lately because they are sometimes used for non-personal use. Some clients seem to be purchasing PU as it's the cheapest way to get the non-watermarked hi-res image, then using it for other purposes. That's why some want to opt out, not because of the fees.

Geoff.

+1

Paul.

+ another one

Geoff.

+1

Paul.

+ another one

+ another, providing we can be assured that only low res images are being supplied for the low priced presentation use, otherwise this will be used instead by these clients. My last presentation use to show the size of image supplied said a 60MB 5616 x 3744 pixel image was supplied, ie full sized, totally not necessary for a presentation, "Use in slides/materials to support a presentation or talk - such as Powerpoint or Keynote.".

Geoff.

+1

Paul.

+ another one

+ another, providing we can be assured that only low res images are being supplied for the low priced presentation use, otherwise this will be used instead by these clients. My last presentation use to show the size of image supplied said a 60MB 5616 x 3744 pixel image was supplied, ie full sized, totally not necessary for a presentation, "Use in slides/materials to support a presentation or talk - such as Powerpoint or Keynote.".

I'm interested to know if anyone can provide an example of someone buying an image then abusing the personal use license. And if anyone can do so did they report it to Alamy and what was the outcome, i.e. was a new license issued at increased sale price?

Geoff.

+1

Paul.

+ another one

+ me, of course  <_<

Cheers,

Philippe

+ and me

Allan

Archived