My First Sale!!

Finally sold my first image! And it was for a book cover in Japan!! Pretty cool!!! With the distribution cut, I'm only going to end up with 30% or the total sale, but I'm still relatively happy for finally getting a sale!!

Okay... I'm sure this isn't so exciting for your old-timers, but just remember your first sale if you can!! :-)

Congratulations! It is great if ones pictures get appreciated. 

My first sale is not that long ago either and despite it was only for an equivalent of a cheap coffee it felt really great.

Congratulations - a great feeling, I remember it well. First of many I hope.

The thing about Alamy is that the excitement from a sale is totally out of proportion to the financial reward - but that's just the way it is.

I seem to get more excited by an Alamy sale than a commercial commission that pays 30 times that.

Good luck.

Mine was back in the days when a  regional UK magazine paid $82 for a DPS and  the Guardian $44 for a web use.

Well done, it is still the same today, only divided by ten and in the meantime the $ has lost value the factor of 10 

So calculating 10 divided by 10 equals one, so we still get the same or am I miscalculating???  :wacko:  :blink:  :unsure:  :ph34r:  :P  :D   :(

Archived