IPTC fields - where am I going wrong

For want of a better explanation - it's the workflow that was suggested on a stock photography course...... I understood that it created better quality images and allowed for proper checking of the files at 100% and 50%.  It does seem to be the conversion from TIFF to jpeg which is losing the data though.

It was indeed what Alamy itself suggested....in about 2009. I remember it but it's not necessary if you use LR which can generate 100% previews itself.

Things move on apart, evidently, from some photography tutors.

I had the problem again on Friday with trying to upload live news photos.  I tried saving them as JPEGs in PS instead of exporting them as JPEGs but that didn't seem to work either.  Ended up having to go back to LR and exporting them from there.  Even that didn't work first time and had to do a bit of fiddling.  Eventually most of them went through.  Not sure really what I did to make it work, wondering if some of the issue was wifi connection, or a problem their end as the majority went and not sure what was any different about them than the other ones.  My workflow definitely needs a rethink!  Thank you all for suggestions and help.

Make sure you are including the metadata when you export from LR (see options in the Export dialog). If the metadata is present in the file opened in PS (File Info) then it stays embedded in the Save As JPEG - there is no option there to remove it. Similarly make sure any JPEGs exported directly from LR have the metadata included (Export dialog).

Files not being received by Alamy and wifi connections are a completely separate issue and have nothing to do with the metatdata.

Lightroom tip :If you select multiple pictures and apply metadata to all of them while in Loupe view, then the metadata will only be applied to the 1st picture selected.  To add metadata to all selected pictures at once you need to be in Grid view.

Archived