Death of public figure: appropriate for news upload?

I read the FAQ and tried searching the forum, but couldn't find the answer to this. Is it appropriate to upload photos of a public figure (well known or lesser known musicians, for example), shortly after their death? IOW, their death is breaking news, but the photos might be a few years old. 

Yes. if the image is old, make sure you put "archive picture" in the caption.

- and choose the Archival upload and not the News upload (if not on the upload list you will have to apply for this). I haven't seen the possibility to use News upload with that addition to the caption?

I've sent in file pictures via news on a death. It must have gone via news because I didn't have archive access then. And yes, I did email, but that was to check that QC was bypassed as the images were from a compact.

Prefix it 'FILE PIC:' followed by XX, who died today, and upload to Live News (some irony there?)

Thanks AV, there have been occasions when I could have used that method, but didn't know about it.

Archived