The image below is yet to be submitted here for my portfolio. I just dug it out while working on a cancer-fund-raising campaign for a terminally ill patient. The image proved to be very effective, particularly so, as the gentleman in the image is the subject of our campaign. I suppose images with the possibility of being included in social campaigns can indeed be fairly useful from stock pov. And, the ironical fact of the matter is that while shooting this image, I wasn't aware at all as to the context in which I'll be using this image one day. Of course now I will need to be just that much more careful while keywording this & similar images.

KEYWORDS.jpg

Lovely image. Do most of your private clients agree to give you model releases for stock? 

Thanks Marianne. Yes, private clients usually don't refuse. In this case of course, apart from releases, I will need to clone out 'Nikon' camera-strap though.

Lovely image. Do most of your private clients agree to give you model releases for stock? 

Thanks Marianne. Yes, private clients usually don't refuse. In this case of course, apart from releases, I will need to clone out 'Nikon' camera-strap though.

LOL.. I hadn't even noticed the Nikon branding... should be quite an easy job in photoshop though.

I think the image is processed properly. I don’t agree about opening up the shadows or darkening the clouds.

The subjects are the two optimistic faces and the arm/finger pointing towards a better future together. They are rendered perfectly. Your eye is drawn to the subjects immediately because not much else competes for your attention.

If you add detail to the clothing, hair, and cloud, it only competes for your attention, and detracts from the subject matter.

You might want to suppress the green yellow patch on the arm of the jacket by selectively lowering the saturation of that colour only, because the patch draws your eye.

Sometimes when you want to make a clear statement it is better to remove extraneous detail, not add it.

Good image, I wish it was mine.

I wish I knew people that good looking. ;)

Come on!! . . . you know us . . .

dd

Thanks folks for all your feedback. BTW our crowdfunding campaign for the man-in-the picture is doing wonderfully well. It is such a delight to know the various ways one's imagery can possibly be put to use. I have sold stock-images for several years, but THIS instance of my image-use, even sans any license fee,  has been truly wonderful. Besides it has given me tons of ideas about my future picture shoots, and their optimal key-wording as well.

I too like the image the way it is. I too wish it was mine. I wish I knew people that good looking. ;)

Come to Belgium. Plenty of choice. All Belgians look like Greek gods and goddesses and treat their bodies like temples. Belgians are smart (did you know we invented the saxophone?), strong, healthy .................. and modest -_-

........... and we're the best footballers. Belgium - Ireland: 1-0 ..... 2-0 .... 3-0  :D  :D  :D

BEP3CE.jpg

Euh ..... the not-so-Greek-god-like-looking in the picture above are Dutch and German tourists. Definitely not Belgians  -_- 

Cheers,

Philippe :P

Looks like a case of too much chocolat to me.

Archived