Latest Lightroom update 6.6 (CC 2015.6) improves speed??

I recently updated from LR4.4 to 6.5 and was disappointed to find it ran quite a bit more slowly. Especially when removing noise by adjusting sliders, there was a delay of 2-3 seconds before the 1:1 display updated.

However, I've just updated from LR 6.5 to 6.6 and the speed has improved dramatically (now a fraction of a second to update 1:1 display when removing noise). I'm not sure if my previous install of 6.5 had a problem, but the latest is fine.

There's a Youtube video about the speed improvement from CC 2015.5 to 2015.6 here.

I've not found any issues with 6.6 yet.

I recently updated from LR4.4 to 6.5 and was disappointed to find it ran quite a bit more slowly. Especially when removing noise by adjusting sliders, there was a delay of 2-3 seconds before the 1:1 display updated.

However, I've just updated from LR 6.5 to 6.6 and the speed has improved dramatically (now a fraction of a second to update 1:1 display when removing noise). I'm not sure if my previous install of 6.5 had a problem, but the latest is fine.

There's a Youtube video about the speed improvement from CC 2015.5 to 2015.6 here.

I've not found any issues with 6.6 yet.

Just downloaded update to 6.6 this morning but not been able to use it yet for other reasons. Thanks for info.

Allan

There is the new Transform panel in the Develop module that has separated out some of the lens correction functions with some more options.  There is an option to apply a preset upon import in the import module that I don't think was there before.  I could be wrong about that though.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Lightroom 6.6 has slowed things down dramatically, in my experience. 'Visualise spots', for example has become really tedious to use.

Alex

Try turning Use Graphics Processor under Prefs - Performance on if it isn't on or off if it is on. It may make no difference but it's worth a try.

Archived