Hi all

I fired up my Stockimo app for the first time in a while only to find it is freezing up on me at the point of adding caption etc info to an uploaded image. Anybody else having problems? I am using it on an iPad rather than iPhone, not sure if that may be an issue?

Alex

Like you Alex I use an ipad (in my case to upload Sony phone pics via dropbox) and the app refuses to find photos on the ipad. I don't use Stockimo very often so it isn't a major issue for me. I will probably delete and reinstall the app when time permits to see if this resolves the problem. It had previously worked OK, although my last news pic took four days to go live.

Works find for uploading from both my iPhone and iPad for me.

What I have noticed is that it seems to be "forgetting" (or at least can't load) some of the images in my activity... I can see that I have uploaded images or had images rejected but instead of the normal thumbnail showing which image the information is about, I am seeing a jagged circle with a big white 'S' in the middle. This has only recently started happening..

Is anyone else having problems with Stockimo/iPad?

I shoot on a Samsung Galaxy, process them on my PC, and using itunes can transfer them to my wife's Ipad  (iOS 9.3.1) for uploading to Stockimo. It's a bit fiddly, but it works okay and I have almost 300 pics online.

Today I uploaded the images successfully - but when I go to the Stockimo upload ->select photo albums -> and the stockimo folder, the screen is blank, devoid of thumbnails. If I touch the centre of the screen a random full size image  appears on the "upload screen". But with 40 pics I need some kind of method  has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

I'm using an Iphone 5s and uploaded around 20 or so over the last few days and had the last two accepted 5 hours ago, everything else prior to that was normal pass or fail, I updated 9.3.1 about 3-4 weeks ago

Much as I dislike missing the opportunity of(potentially) making cash from my iPhone pics, I'm giving up on Stockimo...

I have to download images to my PC, on which I normally process the images in Photoshop on my PC.  It's also where I can keyword them in Bridge from the my archive.   Then I have to upload them to an Ipad and from there to Stockimo, where infuriatingly none of keywords in the metadata are available. So I have the chore of keywording on the app which is desparately time consuming.  Now due to some software shenanigans I can't progress any further.

The two other agencies I send the images to make it easy and straight forward. Frankly I can't be bothered with the hassle, so no more Stockimo uploades..

So when and if Alamy put in a system to faciliate the millions of android users perhaps they'll let me know and I'll review the situation.

• 2 weeks later...

why is it only I devices, when in the main andriod has a much bigger market share, hundreds of models run latest andriod compared to what - 3-4 models of i phone and 3-4 ipad models.

yes im an apple disliker lol

I had the same problem with Stockimo on my old iPhone 4S when I initially tried it and MS couldn't help, but the Alamy News folks did when I tried again. It turned out that in order to save room on my phone, all my photos were stored in the cloud and it will only upload if the images are stored locally on your device. Are you sharing to your iPad via the cloud or are you actually uploading the photo to your device? Just a stab in the dark but it could be the problem.

I agree that the need to add metadata via your device rather than going with the metadata in the ITPC info is a big time waster - though the other agencies I upload to that have dedicated smartphone apps have the same issue. Hence, many more of my iPhone pix end up on a couple of micros that don't have apps and populate the image with the metadata from the ITPC info. I've sold a fair number of iPhone pix (though none via Stockimo yet) and like the fun and freedom it gives me, so I'll probably keep uploading to both the easy sites and the tougher ones until the fad runs its course. 

Like George tried deleting and reinstalling the Stockimo app. It still refused to work so have also given up on it. I presume that the OS update is to blame as suggested above; but the whole thing seems more hassle than it is worth.

Hi there, like a few of you I have had some issues with the app around not seeing photos to be uploaded in my folders.  On my iPad I see no photos, and on my iPhone I seem most but not all.  Anyone found a solutions or a logic as to why it happens?

Hi Adrian

I have the same problem with the iPad but have not noticed it on my iPhone. It seemed to start when I installed ios 9.3, and I raised a forum thread about it (sorry you'll have to Google for it - can't cut/paste here). Contacted the Stockimo team who made a note of the issue, but emphasised that the Stockimo app is designed for the iPhone so working on corrections for the iPad would not be a priority.

Thanks, I'll look for the thread.  I believe that I have 2 glitches that are independent.  The first one relates to the iPhone and the app not showing all photos.  I believe that this is related to the use of iCloud Photo Library to share the photos between my devices, the app only shows some of them which is likely an issue with how iCloud Photo Libraries transfers/stores files.  The work around is to go into photos on the iPhone select the missing photos, chose to share them using iCloud Photo Sharing, but then cancel before setting up.  They then appear in the Stockimo app.

The second issue is not seeing any thumbnails in the app when trying to upload.  The photos are there as if you click on the blank screen then they appear for upload.  I'll add my name to the number of users affected with Alamy and hopefully they'll sort it in the next version.

• 7 months later...

Anyone noticing that when they upload to Stockimo from an iPhone (iPhone 6SE with 12 megapixel camera in my case) that the images become very pixellated? When uploading to other sites the images are crystal clear but everything I upload to Stockimo gets rejected because of obvious pixellation, which I can't see prior to the upload. Am using the rear camera on the iPhone 6SE so the quality should be good. Something strange going on. Very frustrating.

Anyone noticing that when they upload to Stockimo from an iPhone (iPhone 6SE with 12 megapixel camera in my case) that the images become very pixellated? When uploading to other sites the images are crystal clear but everything I upload to Stockimo gets rejected because of obvious pixellation, which I can't see prior to the upload. Am using the rear camera on the iPhone 6SE so the quality should be good. Something strange going on. Very frustrating.

When you upload, you're only seeing a pixelated preview of the picture in the 'Activities' tab, but the pictures are actually uploaded in high quality. As soon as a picture is accepted, you'll see it in full quality in the 'home' tab and on Alamy.com.

=> your pictures didn't get rejected because of pixellation, but because of content. If a picture looks like if it could have been taken wit a professional camera, then it doesn't have a big chance to get accepted by Stockimo. They are looking for more creative/filtered/postprocessed pictures. At least that's my impression.

I currently have 3 pictures online and don't plan to increase. It's just too annoying that you have to caption and keyword pictures first, only to have them rejected afterwards. Also, the payout rate of 20% is pretty bad, and the last reports here on (sub-)microstock payouts don't really motivate me either.

Christoph

Cheers Christoph - good to understand what is actually happening. I thought that my expensive iPhone 6SE wasn't up to the job and was kicking myself for upgrading to a better phone/camera (had the same experience with my iPhone 5). Agree, re the pricing, although I have only ever sold one photo via Stockimo. :-(

It tells you under activity if you have passed or not, it's normally slow with Stockimo, a day or two. you need to get a score of +2 it tells you you have passed or failed, if the image is too small you won't be able to upload it.

Archived