How to Search For Copyright Infringment?

I would be interested to know the quickest or easiest way to do this, in order not to be dragging hi res images into google images which can take a while I tend to save as a low res and then drag it in but this is creating extra work I could do without. Is there an easy way?

I would be interested to know the quickest or easiest way to do this, in order not to be dragging hi res images into google images which can take a while I tend to save as a low res and then drag it in but this is creating extra work I could do without. Is there an easy way?

Yep! src img is what you need.

Cheers,

Philippe

Does not work for me.

Allan

Yep! src img is what you need.

Cheers,

Philippe

Does not work for me.

Allan

In what way does it not work?

If you use Chrome:

1. make bar with favorites visible on top of page (see Chrome settings)
  2. drag the src-img link among the visible favorites 

Now every time you go to another page with images, you simply click on the src-img favorite and all images show the src-img logo ready to be investigated  ;)

Doesn't show wonky in Chrome. Depends probably on the browser you use.

Cheers,

Philippe

I am using chrome, what is happening is if I do the above procedure on the first page of images then all is fine, I have just realised that what is happening is when I go to the next page of images the same src-img logos remain in place and if I click on src-img logo on favourites bar I get the  correct logo's as well as the last page logos. I have to refesh the page each time and then it works

I'm using Chrome with their Image Search plug-in. Just right click on an image, choose "search Google for Image" and the results appear in a separate window. 

BUT, I don't actually search for infringements. More often I just search for images that have sold or images that show a number of zooms to see if I can find out where they've appeared. Sometimes they're obvious infringements but sometimes they're just unreported Sales. If the image is on what appears to be a legitimate site and isn't reported in a month or two, I'll contact Member Services.

Other times I'll try a simple Google Search on my name. I've come across a number of infringements where photos have either been lifted from a legitimate Alamy client or even hot linked from my PhotoShelter site.

fD

As Stacy / fotoDogue above I use the Chrome plug-in with success and Google text searches - combined with the Firefox Tineye sometimes - it tends to find other uses.

Neither can I make src-img work with my Chrome. I remember setting a lot of restrictions in Chrome once - may be due to this.

I'm using Chrome with their Image Search plug-in. Just right click on an image, choose "search Google for Image" and the results appear in a separate window. 

BUT, I don't actually search for infringements. More often I just search for images that have sold or images that show a number of zooms to see if I can find out where they've appeared. Sometimes they're obvious infringements but sometimes they're just unreported Sales. If the image is on what appears to be a legitimate site and isn't reported in a month or two, I'll contact Member Services.

Other times I'll try a simple Google Search on my name. I've come across a number of infringements where photos have either been lifted from a legitimate Alamy client or even hot linked from my PhotoShelter site.

fD

Thanks Stacy that works well for me 

Thank you for the advice. I can't seem to find a way to use

src image on the current version of internet explorer so I downloaded firefox and use the infringement finder add-on.

THANKS,

Jacob Y.

Personally, I was a much happier photographer before I discovered my first infringements. The methods are simple but the ways to stop it happening - and stop making you angry without counselling! - are harder.

That said, I've started to use Imagerights who remove the pain of direct negotiation and am waiting for the payment of my first large, settled infringements from them.

Richard

Archived