Distrust of some distributors of Alamy

Let me share with you this case to know what you think. more than three months ago, Alamy asked me for one of its distributors one of my photos at a larger size. I did shipping, everything was right but now, nearly four months later, I have not received any notification about my photography and its possible sale.

What is your opinion?. Thank you.

Let me share with you this case to know what you think. more than three months ago, Alamy asked me for one of its distributors one of my photos at a larger size. I did shipping, everything was right but now, nearly four months later, I have not received any notification about my photography and its possible sale.

I have written many times Alamy and their only answer is to tell me that the distributor still does not tell them anything. This makes me think that our photographs can be sold at any time without our knowing it and without that we get the money due us for it. What is your opinion?. Thank you.

There's no reason to be either writing to MS or making accusations after this length of time.

Firstly the image may not have been used, so there's no sale and no problem other than your time being wasted. The image may have been used but for something with a long lead-in time, so again the client would not have informed the distributor who naturally had nothing to report to Alamy. Projects can take  along time to be published, books etc take many, many months to go from prep to publication, you need to be patient.

Maybe the image has been used but the distributor only reports it after x amount of time, common with some depending on their accounting systems. Again patience required.

What I do think is that this is a public forum, your post is indexed by Google...... think about it!!!!

Thanks for the reply. I apologize if you think I'm accusing anyone. I just want your opinion to know if this has happened is normal or not, because it is the first time this happens to me with Alamy. I do not blame Alamy, in fact I think the error comes from the dealer.

Anyway, now I have seen that is already fixed, so it can close the issue. Thanks for the answers.

• 2 weeks later...

Nacho:

OT perhaps but you have the most wonderfully riveting collection of Latin American images, perfectly composed and

spontaneous.  

Very hard to tear myself away and get back to work.

I think they will do well here.

Kathy

Hi Kathy, I appreciate very much your words about my images. I already have many years traveling to Latinamerica. I will upload images to Alamy. I hope you like. A greeting.

Archived