Lightroom 5 and Nikon D610

Does Lightroom 5 support the Nikon D610? I have been working through images taken with my D90 without any problem. I now want to start on images shot with the D610 but I can't import them. Just get a page that should be thumbnails but instead each one carries a message that the files cannot be read. I uploaded the most recent Lightroom 5 update but still no good. As far as I know Lightroom 5 should be OK for the D610. It's probably me being stupid but I can't see how to get around the problem. I'm no computer expert and I don't know if it makes any difference, but I use an iMac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes. I upgraded from Lightroom 4 to Lightroom 5 when I purchased my D610 almost two years ago. I'm currently using Lightroom 5.7 on my Mac Mini running Yosemite 10.10.5.

I did have some issues with CS6 Bridge when I upgraded to El Capitan so I downgraded my system.

Much to my surprise, Adobe also released an ACR update for PhotoShop CS6 so that's compatible too.

What system are you running and how are you connecting the camera? If the camera is connected directly to the computer then try using the built in SD slot. If that doesn't work then try using a card reader.

fD

Thanks everyone. I seem to have solved it. I had an external drive connected which had a lot of picture files rescued from a hard drive when I had a PC go down. When I disconnected it I found I could import the D610 files from the Nikon View NX2 held on the iMAC.

Still don't understand why they don't import with the external drive connected, but at least I now know how to deal with it.

• 1 year later...

Hii.........

In case you feel any difficult while importing images to light-room then the most convenient solution key is Adobe DNG Converter – The Digital Negative Gallery (DNG) converter will convert Nikon D610 .NEF files to Adobe .DNG format. These .DNG files can be opened using many programs, including older versions that do not support D610 NEF files directly. Adobe added D610 .NEF support in DNG Converter version 8.3. Download Adobe DNG Converter 8.3 for Windows and Macintosh. Use this convertor and enjoy your work. For more help you can use Nikon D610 Manual- guideusermanual.com/product-name-d610-manual&po=4312&lang=English

Archived