Hi, I'm very new to Alamy but I do upload to other agencies as well so I'm a bit experienced on how micro stocks work.  I use Lightroom CC on a 5k Retina iMac where I input in my keywords.  Alamy doesn't seem to pick those up.  When I try to add keywords on the Alamy website by copying and pasting them from a Pages document, the site won't let me copy and paste.  Do I have to manually type in the keywords for every photograph?

Hi, I'm very new to Alamy but I do upload to other agencies as well so I'm a bit experienced on how micro stocks work.  I use Lightroom CC on a 5k Retina iMac where I input in my keywords.  Alamy doesn't seem to pick those up.  When I try to add keywords on the Alamy website by copying and pasting them from a Pages document, the site won't let me copy and paste.  Do I have to manually type in the keywords for every photograph?

Hi Joseph.

Welcome to Alamy

First, it is unwise to post the same general question twice.

If you search the forum you will find a bazillion threads on keywording. I suggest you hunt them out.  I do all my keywording in Bridge before I upload to Alamy. Since all the keywords will end up in Comprehensive when you go to MI, then I am sure to put them in in the order they are of importance, that way I can simply cut and past the keywords for Essential then cut and paste the rest into Main. I rarely have enough keywords for Comprehensive.

Jill

I have a feeling you are trying to use the Edit at the top of your computer screen and that doesn't work in Manage Images. You have to use keyboard shortcuts or right-click (control click on a Mac) to get the little menu that lets you copy and paste. You can presumably use the Edit menu in Pages but you'll have to adapt to the other method in Manage Images.

Paulette

Archived