I suspect, based on previous threads, that Alamy are working on changes to remove the use of Adobe Flash from their website meaning that we'll be able to use an iPad with just Safari to keyword images in the future..  here's hoping anyway!

+1

I also remember Alamy's comment that they'll stop using flash (which I'm looking forward to)

Thanks again, I used the Photon browser today. Easy interface and fast enough on my rural DSL. It doesn't seem to support Select/Copy/Paste though, and I wasn't able to drag images for batch editing. So I agree with Matt & Ann: if Alamy wants to stay competitive with other outlets they need to make things easy for their contributors as well as their clients!

I've messed around with Photogene to add metadata and upload. Is anyone still using it? I'd quite like to upload some News during a trip next week.

Rgds,

Richard.

I've also messed with it but would like a way to upload some test images to check ftp etc.

The biggest issue I have with Photogene is that the exported files aren't large enough so can't at the moment consider sending even tests. The Tiffs come out a third of the size as via Photoshop and all the jpegs come out at 72dpi, even though I've selected Max resolution of 300. :(

But at least I can now upload - not via Photogene, but using FTP Client Pro (£2.99 version which stores your ftp settings).

Rgds,

Richard.

Archived