Keywords editing suggestion

Alexandre Fagundes

Hi Folks,

I came from another agency where they have a tool might be interesting to have here.

When you are editing description, keywords, etc, you may copy them from another image of yours you have already edited.

I understand we have a batch editing tool which is very helpful by the way, but the possibility to copy those atributes from another image make it quite easy, you could even copy them to a batch of images.

So, I will leave the sugestion if you guys think its interesting.

It made my life much easier in the other agency.

And I have more than 13.000 images there so you can imagine how many editing I had to do there.

Thank you,

Alex,

You gradually learn about tricks of the trade. Initially if I would upload another version of the same object (Plant, scene) I would go to My stock photography page and copy title, keywords and description from there. Now I have a better option. I open manage images page click any of the boxes on status column on the left, click select all images, double click the relevant one and simply copy all details in the same format as I am working on. It is much simpler.    

Hi Folks,

I came from another agency where they have a tool might be interesting to have here.

When you are editing description, keywords, etc, you may copy them from another image of yours you have already edited.

I understand we have a batch editing tool which is very helpful by the way, but the possibility to copy those atributes from another image make it quite easy, you could even copy them to a batch of images.

So, I will leave the sugestion if you guys think its interesting.

It made my life much easier in the other agency.

And I have more than 13.000 images there so you can imagine how many editing I had to do there.

Thank you,

Alex,

I open a new window and go to another image of mine. I click on EDIT IMAGE at the bottom of the zoom page (maybe that can be moved up in the future) and I have the two windows open and can copy and paste. Also it can be useful to have lists of keywords that you frequently use.

Paulette

• 3 weeks later...

You gradually learn about tricks of the trade. Initially if I would upload another version of the same object (Plant, scene) I would go to My stock photography page and copy title, keywords and description from there. Now I have a better option. I open manage images page click any of the boxes on status column on the left, click select all images, double click the relevant one and simply copy all details in the same format as I am working on. It is much simpler.    

So you copy paste one by one each of the fields?

I think the best thing you can say About Alamy's keywording software at this moment in time, is the sooner it gets updated to the 21st century the better. It is a really bad tool and needs a complete overhaul.

+1

and it needs to be HTML5 not adobe flash.

i am just doing this as a hobby and to get some money for my personal bee preservation projects.

but i have to say from all agencys i use alamy has the worst keywording tool. i don´t want to imagine how it is to use this all day.

it´s really cumbersome.

i am just doing this as a hobby and to get some money for my personal bee preservation projects.

How cool is that?

I've always wanted a personal bee . . .

dd

i read pure dingos are endangered.

:-) . . . I make no claims to purity.

dd

Archived