Hi from Brazil!

Alexandre Fagundes

Hi folks,

This is my first post here.

I am coming from a microstock agency where I have been selling my pictures as RF since 2005 where I have more than 13.000 picutres.

I am not a pro, but an engineer (electrical) who loves photography and find this as a way to help pay my bills and give more focus on photographic work.

I love to travel, I define myself as a travel photographer if you will, so that´s mostly what you will find in my portfolio.

I still have tons of images to process, and am always learning new things, I am open minded.

I also know more or less what I don´t like much, studio photography, find it a bit boring to stay enclosed taking pictures.

I also don´t like much taking pictures of models, rather take pictures of people, I mean, real people :) even though, I didnt explore much this (people images) in my portfolio, mostly architecture and landscapes (but things can always change).

Oh yeah, I am brazilian, happily married (and my wife join me in most of my trips), no kids (the world is overcrowded anyway, but I am ok with kids), many friends and love pets (even though we don´t have any, small apartment, you know).

I decided to join Alamy because I want to change from RF to RM, it seems to me that makes more sense focusing on quality than quantity and so maybe less sales, but more valuable ones, does this make sense to you?

I am also sharing, I dont mind sharing experiences, actually I love to do that!

So, if you are going anywhere I´ve been to, just ask me and I will gladly give you some tips.

Same apply to photography, if in some way you think I can help you, I will always be there for you.

I work with a Canon 5D Mark II (I would love to upgrade to a Mark III though) and process using Photoshop CC.

In my trips I always bring my Gitzo tripod, a 24-105, a 17-35 and a 70-300 lenses. Later I bought a lensbaby which has been a lot of fun lens to work with.

Enough for introductions, you guys have a wonderful weekend!

Cheers,

Hi Alexandre,

Welcome to Alamy - three tips

1. If you have images of animals/birds always out in the genus/species latin name for them as well, in the caption and the keywords

2. If you have images of specific buildings, always put the exact name of the building in (eg FF4PH1 )

3. Take lots of images in/of Brazil - frankly they are the most likely to sell I suspect!!

Good luck!

Cheers

Kumar

A tip about animals in a zoo ---- Take a shot of the sign. It will contain the scientific name of the animal and often other information you may want to use in your keywords. Good keywording is the secret to getting your images seen.

Paulette

Thank you Doc and NYCat, 

Sometimes I do what you say NYCat and take the picture of the sign, but sometimes I forget...or the zoo don´t have! Specially when you are in a big cage with lots of birds, But I understand it is worthwhile to catch all the information possible from the animals.

Doc, thanks for your tip, I have more than 2500 images of Brazil selling in an RF microstock agency.

Alamy is my first experience with RM, so I will upload several images here and see how it goes, a bit variety I think so I can check what works best.

Kumar, about the building, you are right, whenever I can I try to get information from the buildings.

Currently I am geotagging all my images so it gets much easier to find out which building was that in a map.

But this specifically was in a trip to Turkey in 2010, and I was not geotagging at the time, so it will be harder to find it, but still, worthwhile, I will work on that.

Welcome Alexandre.

I have also been involved with other websites 123RF and Dreamstime. You will find experience on Alamy pleasantly different. Although it involves more efforts in building up keywords (one learns the tricks of the trade, e.g. copying from manage images page, from similar images), the presentation is definitely superior on Alamy.  

Welcome Alexandre.

I have also been involved with other websites 123RF and Dreamstime. You will find experience on Alamy pleasantly different. Although it involves more efforts in building up keywords (one learns the tricks of the trade, e.g. copying from manage images page, from similar images), the presentation is definitely superior on Alamy.  

Yes Gurcharan, just learning the tips of the trade here.

Thanks for your warm welcome!

Welcome! Be sure to not put any of your images listed as RF elsewhere as RM here.

You can, though, take any of your RF images that have never sold, and delete them from the other agencies. Once they have disappeared from other places without selling, you can upload them here as RM.

Good luck!

Betty

Welcome! Be sure to not put any of your images listed as RF elsewhere as RM here.

You can, though, take any of your RF images that have never sold, and delete them from the other agencies. Once they have disappeared from other places without selling, you can upload them here as RM.

Good luck!

Betty

Betty, I posted some questions about that subject in another post in the Ask the Forum which I think is more appropriate for this.

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/5279-can-i-upload-old-rf-images-as-rm/

If you would be so kind and help me there I think it might be the question others photographers might have.

Cheers!

Archived