How important is Google images?

Hello folks,

Yesterday i wanted to show somebody how a certain Portugal moscatel wine bottle looks like. I wanted to recommend it to him since i allready drunk it. Off course i made a photo of it before the consuming.

I used Google images to find a photo of the bottle and i foud my photo coming from Alamy.

How important is Google images you think? Are there many buyers that go through Google to find a photo to license?

Thanks allready.

Mirco

PS. Maybe a good topic for Alamy to explain in their Blog.

I know that I have licensed images directly from my website as well as through FAA that buyers first found on google - only because when someone contacts me directly I always ask where they found the image. I believe that a large percentage of images found are found through google first which is why anything that lets your images rank high in a google search is helpful. I'm no expert so I'm sure Alamy can give you a more precise answer. 

As you have probably read in the newest topic started by Alamy regarding pseudonyms, one reason they are considering a change is that it will help with google searches, so it must be an important factor. Whenever google changes their search algorithm it affects how well sites perform.  

If I'm looking for anything on the internet be it an image or otherwise, and I don't know better, the first place I go is Google. So yes.. i think Google is important.. especially being as there are plenty of people in this world who don't even know that Alamy (or any other stock image website) exists. but yet might want an image.

It is why I have felt for a long time that Alamy should buy in Google (Image) Search as their site search engine, Google offer that service.I am sure a lot more resource goes into Google Search than Alamy can afford to spend on their own. The behaviour and options  would very be familiar to searchers. (and it seems to handle stemming etc)

Of course Google is a major important part of anyone strategy today.

For a long time I invested on Google+, posting there and gaining followers and linking to my portfolio.

This helped my SEO and get more sales.

Unfortunately seems like Google is slowing fading out Google+, but still it can helps increase your exposure.

• 5 months later...

As you have probably read in the newest topic started by Alamy regarding pseudonyms, one reason they are considering a change is that it will help with google searches, so it must be an important factor. Whenever google changes their search algorithm it affects how well sites perform.  

I must have missed that topic, was it posted in the forum?

Archived