you sell the images of the highest how much is the price?

Your question is akin to asking how much you earn at your job. Usually confidential information.

Although a lot of sale values are mentioned by the seller on this forum at times. Myself included.

1 Not had sales higher than $1000 and if I had I would keep quiet about the subject as it could be little photographed.

2 Not telling my highest price photo. ;)

Allan

I don't think you'll get many answers for the reasons Allan details.

I would suggest thinking about what end uses would pay large amounts. You could try using the Alamy calculator and change various options to see what gives higher prices. See how high you can get then go out looking for those sort of uses i.e billboards. (It's often commented that the calculator doesn't accurately reflect actual selling prices. However it should still reflect the variation in different licence fees).

Bo Xie: I'll give you a clue. I have had a four figure (net) sale, but it was a few years ago and I'm not sure whether they still happen at Alamy. There's little point telling you which image because I think that was very much a one off. But having seen what the client did with it, I think the best advice is the same as for any stock shooting - submit images that show a single subject/concept clearly and unambiguously.

My best sale was for less than 1,000, but still a good one. Single subject, sold for consumer goods, packaging. These come along rarely, so it's a bit like playing the lottery.

Shoot those types of images then pray a lot.

Failing that, don't forget the bread and butter stuff because those will be 99.99% of your sales.

I always thought if I could get released people images, they would sell well. Not so for me. The people shots I've sold, released or not released, have all been sold for the editorial market rather than advertising.

Unless you are willing to put a lot of time and money into models, lighting and higher end production, you can most likely forget about people/advertising, where the money is. That said, just any old blah people/ model image won't necessarily cut it. They should have conceptual value. Health, aging, family, etc.

I understand it, just don't have the wherewithal and experience to shoot it.

It's not the type of image, but the buyer and the job that determines price. All my four figure sales here and elsewhere, bar one, have been commercial ones (and others will tell you he same): images used in brochures, mailers, print adverts etc. Image will only be used commercially if you have releases for visible people,and company logos are removed. Property is less of a problem.

My best sale was for less than 1,000, but still a good one. Single subject, sold for consumer goods, packaging. These come along rarely, so it's a bit like playing the lottery.

I've had the same use, netting me $47.91.

It's partly the image, partly the use, and mainly the discount the buyer has negotiated.

Since the OP, bo xie, does not seem to know how to do a search on this forum, here is some homework are some results:

discussion 1

discussion 2

discussion 3

discussion 4

discussion 5

There is loads more. It is a much discussed thing here, but mostly complaining about low sales. Why that might be, is in some of the threads I linked to.

You could also look for threads that start every first day of the month and usually are called something like How was your January?

The same for each year: How was your 2015?

Much success & many sales in the New Year!

wim

Archived