Yes you can submit iPhone photos to Alamy on the computer, but you have to upload them via the News Upload. Make sure you add in heading, caption and keywords before you upload it. The photos need to be taken within the last 24 hours, and can be anything from 'weather' to a 'photo of the day'. I did a video on Youtube that you can watch to give you tips on what to submit, but it is targeted more to how to submit news photos via the Stockimo App.

Look for episode 9 at my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZGYGQJ7QfHvau3ckXUeXog

Since Alamy dropped the list of allowed and not allowed cameras, you are allowed to upload iPhone pictures to Alamy as well, either as stock or live news upload.

Often, though, iPhone or other camera phone pictures do not live up to the standards set by Alamy QC, and even if they pass QC, I doubt that they can compete with already available pictures of the same object taken with real cameras. I therefore don't recommend uploading iPhone pictures.

So far I uploaded only one iPhone picture as stock, and this only because it was of an object not yet available on Alamy. Needless to say that the picture was postprocessed in Lightroom and not just pulled straight from the phone.

Since Alamy dropped the list of allowed and not allowed cameras, you are allowed to upload iPhone pictures to Alamy as well, either as stock or live news upload.

Often, though, iPhone or other camera phone pictures do not live up to the standards set by Alamy QC, and even if they pass QC, I doubt that they can compete with already available pictures of the same object taken with real cameras. I therefore don't recommend uploading iPhone pictures.

So far I uploaded only one iPhone picture as stock, and this only because it was of an object not yet available on Alamy. Needless to say that the picture was postprocessed in Lightroom and not just pulled straight from the phone.

Then why am I still submitting via the Stockimo App trying to score a 2.3 or higher? Thanks for the tip Chrumu.

I tried uploading one photo to Stockimo but it only got a score of 1.7 .. :(     Lisa, do you know (or have gotten a feel of) how the technical quality is judged? When I view my iphone photos at 100% ... it's pretty bad .. or .. very bad .. I have an iPhone 6.

Do they mostly judge if the photo is interesting or not, or do you think they reject because of technical quality as well?

I tried uploading one photo to Stockimo but it only got a score of 1.7 .. :(     Lisa, do you know (or have gotten a feel of) how the technical quality is judged? When I view my iphone photos at 100% ... it's pretty bad .. or .. very bad .. I have an iPhone 6.

Do they mostly judge if the photo is interesting or not, or do you think they reject because of technical quality as well?

I uploaded my first 4 yesterday and have yet to get a rating. Been over 25 hours, but don't know the Stockimo turn around time yet.

Jill

I uploaded my first 4 yesterday and have yet to get a rating. Been over 25 hours, but don't know the Stockimo turn around time yet.

Jill

Stockimo normally reviews photos within 24 hours, sometimes in less than an hour,  though it depends to some extent on when you upload. My phone doesn't show an alert on the home screen. I have to open the app to check. Time doesn't seem to be a factor in whether or not a photo is accepted. 

fD

Stockimo usually judges mine within 24 hours.

I don't think they judge on technical at all, I think you need to be 'creative' in order to score a 2.3.

From Stockimo.com:

What type of images do you want?

We want cool images taken on your phone. We want inspiration and innovation. What you take is up to you. We want you to shoot what you love and be as creative and adventurous as you like.

My last six photos approved by Stockimo don't have any filters on them. I try to shoot fun photos. 

two-girlfriends-wearing-slippers-watchin

Two girlfriends wearing slippers watching Bridget Jone's Diary on a cold winters night

Good point FotoDogue. Jill you don't need to submit 4 to get in like you do on Alamy. They won't send you an e-mail. You go to the App and click on the "Activity" tab to see if they were accepted or rejected. But if you are already on Alamy why join Stockimo now? Just submit your perfectly focused iPhone photos via Alamy stock uploader from now on. 

The only thing I see is on the Activity page where it shows the 4 images I have uploaded and next to each one it says " Photo Uploaded " and next to it how long ago I uploaded it.  No images on the home page at all.

Jil

Good point FotoDogue. Jill you don't need to submit 4 to get in like you do on Alamy. They won't send you an e-mail. You go to the App and click on the "Activity" tab to see if they were accepted or rejected. But if you are already on Alamy why join Stockimo now? Just submit your perfectly focused iPhone photos via Alamy stock uploader from now on. 

I wasn't submitting 4 cause I thought that's what I had to do. Just happened to upload 4 of them.

Jill

First one passed - got a 3! A picture I took of my niece on the plane to Kenya as she looked out the plane window. Added sunset filter so it showed sun streaming on her face through the window

Watched your videos Lisa, sure they helped. Now lets see what happens with the other ones.

Jill

Scoring a 3 is impressive Jill. I usually score in the 2s. Congrats!

3 of my 4 passed. The other two scored a 2.3 and a 3.3. So looks like your videos are helpful. Have to say, doing the Stockimo stuff is more fun.

Jill

Scoring a 3 is impressive Jill. I usually score in the 2s. Congrats!

3 of my 4 passed. The other two scored a 2.3 and a 3.3. So looks like your videos are helpful. Have to say, doing the Stockimo stuff is more fun.

Jill

3.3 is a good score.

I find stockimo fun too.. I like the fact that I can take a picture on my phone while on a journey somewhere and submit it on the go. I also like playing with the effects with the apps I have.

Yes you can submit iPhone photos to Alamy on the computer, but you have to upload them via the News Upload. Make sure you add in heading, caption and keywords before you upload it. The photos need to be taken within the last 24 hours, and can be anything from 'weather' to a 'photo of the day'. I did a video on Youtube that you can watch to give you tips on what to submit, but it is targeted more to how to submit news photos via the Stockimo App.

Look for episode 9 at my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZGYGQJ7QfHvau3ckXUeXog

Like the videos - informative and bite sized.

. But if you are already on Alamy why join Stockimo now? Just submit your perfectly focused iPhone photos via Alamy stock uploader from now on. 

I wasn't aware that you could submit iPhone photos through the regular alamy stock uploader.  There are some I would like to submit but I figured they were too small file size.

My iPhone 6 images are 17.1MB. I have enjoyed "playing" with apps but think some of my phone images might be more suitable for the main collection. Something to think about anyway. I had been assuming that they wouldn't be accepted. Actually it is the square ones that are 17.1. The "photo" proportioned ones are 22.9.

Paulette

. But if you are already on Alamy why join Stockimo now? Just submit your perfectly focused iPhone photos via Alamy stock uploader from now on. 

I wasn't aware that you could submit iPhone photos through the regular alamy stock uploader.  There are some I would like to submit but I figured they were too small file size.

It was news to me too. I first heard about it reading this thread.

Just adding in this info from Alamy.com:

Q. What file size do I need to upload?

A. We need a JPEG file size of over 17MB when uncompressed (this is likely to have a compressed JPEG size of 3-5MB). Opening a JPEG in an image program like Adobe Photoshop will show you the uncompressed (open) file size.

Archived