Wex taking orders for Fuji X-Pro2, at last they've up'd the resolution to 24mp and given it the fast AF (so they say).

looks good, this might be the one to make me let go of my nikons if the AF does what it says on the tin.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-fuji-x-pro2-digital-camera-body/p1589768

I'll hold out for the X-T2. I expect it to have the same sensor as the Pro2. Then my T1 will become the backup.

Me too. The X-pro users I know of pretty well all use the EVF exclusively, so why pay a premium for a hybrid finder? It doesn't make sense unless you only shoot short primes, and then you only have to put up with the horrendous parallax close up!

I'll hold out for the X-T2. I expect it to have the same sensor as the Pro2. Then my T1 will become the backup.

+ 1.  I love the X-T1 so a 24mp sensor would be the icing on the cake.  Can't wait.

Pearl

I was seduced by the bargain offer for the X-Pro 1 plus two primes, to which I have added the 16-50 kit Zoom.   The OVF works fine for the 18mm prime, but otherwise the EVF is the way to go.   

Edited:  I put EVF twice, now corrected. . 

I was seduced by the bargain offer for the X-Pro 1 plus two primes, to which I have added the 16-50 kit Zoom.   The OVF works fine for the 18mm prime, but otherwise the EVF is the way to go.   

Edited:  I put EVF twice, now corrected. . 

There is definitely temptation but budget and lack of a business case means I am trying to stay strong!

I'll wait a while for real time user opinions. I remember the rush for the X- Pro1 and subsequent disappointments.

I can see a market for potential new Fuji owners but as it stands, aside from 24mp, I don't see much advantage, if any, over my X-T1 and I do love my flip up screen which sadly is not there.

Me too. The X-pro users I know of pretty well all use the EVF exclusively, so why pay a premium for a hybrid finder? It doesn't make sense unless you only shoot short primes, and then you only have to put up with the horrendous parallax close up!
Agreed. The only prime I have is the 56. I love my zooms.

On another note, the 100-400 has also been released, a lens I've waited for along with the macro. But it is very pricey. I'll wait until some time passes and view images taken with it, read opinions from users like me, and hope for a price drop.

Betty

Oops. Thought it was released. Guess not.

Reviews of the lens looks good. Stacks up with the 50-140. Yippee! Looks like it might ship in Feb.

Agreed. The only prime I have is the 56. I love my zooms.

On another note, the 100-400 has also been released, a lens I've waited for along with the macro. But it is very pricey. I'll wait until some time passes and view images taken with it, read opinions from users like me, and hope for a price drop.

Betty

Oops. Thought it was released. Guess not.

Reviews of the lens looks good. Stacks up with the 50-140. Yippee! Looks like it might ship in Feb.

Yeah, I could get the Canon 100-400mkii for more or less that and the resale value will hold up better. I'll see how it goes, love the 50-140 and if it's the same quality it will be great but cost wise, I could be tempted to stick the Canon 100-400mkii on the A7rii as the AF works well with it. The added bulk of the Metabones adapter isn't an issue as neither rig is really a walk-about lens  :D

I'm also waiting on the X-T2 and only then will I decide which camera to go for for my backup camera. I really want to see if Fuji now allow ALL NR to be switched off and not just lowered.

So far, using Nikon for years and having really good lenses, none of them stack up to Fuji's. I can't imagine Canon is better, since I've read in the past that some Canon users switched to Nikon only for the better lenses.

But then, my results may equally be from mirrorless. The only way I'd know is to adapt one of my Nikon lenses to my X-T1. But I've never been interested in adapting. I just want to slap a lens on and not mess with extra stuff.

I never could afford the higher end Nikon zooms, 70-200, 80-200, or any of the long primes. I've had to stick with the 80-400, and upgraded to the latest version of that one. It's a very good lens. Not a great one. The Fuji 50-140 blows it out of the water. Reviews of the Fuji 100-400 saying it equals the 50-140 is exciting.

A few months down the road, we'll see images on the Fuji-X forum from average users. And maybe an offering that will bundle the teleconverter with it.

Whatever, I don't expect to buy the lens right away. I'd prefer to see if the T2 comes out in a few months. I can use the extra pixels. And when you think about the cropping ability those pixels give you, it's like having more reach. A win-win which will allow me to wait for a price drop on the lens.

Useful notes, thanks. I am in the same position in that I am looking forward to the next generation X-T and whether the autofocus will be good enough for me to use it occasionally for sport (used to be main thrust of my work). I hope so, as I am about to sell my extensive Canon kit to allow me to upgrade and complete the switch to Fuji.

Interesting idea to use X-Pro2 with a prime lens instead of an X100x.  A little bulkier I guess, but more flexible.

If the X-T2 comes out with faster AF and 24mp, this will be the push I need to sell my D800 and various lenses. Should get enough to buy the camera, the 100-400 and the macro when it debuts.

I have these nikkor lenses:

24-70

Newest 80-400,

105 macro, the newest one

50mm 1.8

Sigma 85mm 1.4, a beautiful portrait lens. Very lightly used.

Should buy me some Fuji.

All I can say about FUJI is that I currently feel the same way about

them as I do about Canon.  During the 80's I used Canon FD mount

bodies and Top Canon glass.  When Canon changed their mount I went

back to NIKON, I had started out using NIKON F mount bodies and glass

in the 70's and that glass would still work on the D800 bodies that I currently

use.  I also go all the way back with FUJI (to the S1 Pro) and I have a collection

of S5's sitting in my desk now.  In my opinion the S2 Pro was one of the very

best DSLR's of the early digital days, I have many images shot with them as

well as the S5's on Alamy.  I've also seen a downturn in the service I've received

from FUJI in New Jersey.  I have not and do not plan on using anything produced

by FUJIFILM.

Funny thing is that I've found that the "sharpest" 35mm images I've shot were done with

Canon FD mount bodies (F1's, T90's with FD glass using Kodachrome 64, again

many scans of those images are on Alamy)  At the same time I was using Canon

FD mount bodies I was also using two Leica M6's with Leitz 21 to 90 lenses.

In my opinion it is not what camera you use it is how you use it and for me being able

to grab my bag and put the camera up to my eye, without thinking about it is the most

important issue.  The second is that the cameras and lenses that I own and use work

for me, make me money day in day out.  In 1989 I bought my AF 80-200 2.8 and it

has worked for me all over the world.  I did need to send it in to NIKON once in that time

for service, but even though there is not much black paint left on the barrel it is still sharp

on a D800. 

Chuck, I totally agree about being able to just use a camera instinctively, so one can think about the subject. I am at the stage with the Fuji and I love that I rarely need to go into the menus. I reluctantly came to the decision that I needed to make a change when the Canon kit was just too heavy and bulky for my aging body :( . I loved, and still have my T90s and will keep one with basic lenses when the rest of my Canon kit goes. It is a big step as I have been using Canon since 1976.

My experience of Fujifilm is pretty positive so far and I have had a good experience of their repair service after dropping a camera and lens down a flight of stairs.

Archived