Shutterstock/Stockimo

Hey all,

Just a quick question as I'm not entirely sure on this one.

Do Alamy have an outlet on Shutterstock selling under Stockimo? Not too sure if they're one and the same - the sites seem to be merging or selling amongst themselves and I've lost track.

Just asking as some of my mobile phone images from Stockimo are on there but I'm not signed up to sell through Shutterstock

Cheers!

At 25¢ to $28 per download I can't imagine why anyone might think this is a good thing.

I did a quick search and didn't find any of my Stockimo images. 

$28 is only the net max for Enhanced. DLs can be as high, IME, as $84 net.

Actually the photographer's share of Single DLs can be as high as $120 - I haven't seen my Stockimo images on SS. Are we sure they are being distributed there? It seems an odd choice unless they are in a premium collection there. 

I just looked at the 3,700 Stockimo photos on Shutterstock and of my 600 photos on Stockimo only 5 are on Shutterstock. I did notice no photos of people are in the Stockimo Shutterstock collection.

EDIT: Yesterday I saw they had 3700 Stockimo photos on sale at Shutterstock and now today over 3800? 

EDIT 2: Up to 3,932 now.

I had to google Shutterstock Stockimo to find them. None seemed to come up in Shutterstock's general search. 

Ones I looked at so far simply say ©Stockimo with no photographer's credit.

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-347173220/stock-photo-dog-running-to-camera-in-tree-lined-park.html?src=phLqyuIfyLn3lC9wH9jxDA-13-8

It looks like there are about 3,750 Stockimo images on SS 

http://www.shutterstock.com/cat.mhtml?page=9&use_local_boost=1&version=llv1&country_code=US&params_keywordtranslation=use_modified_translation%3A1&tracking_id=7D2al47iMykPEoW8d-djdQ&thumb_size=mosaic&submitter_id=3265856&safesearch=1&search_language=en&search_type=keyword_search

There are 38 pages of images so not sure if any of mine are there still looking. It's a nice looking collection!

I believe SS says the average return to photographer per download (net) is around $1 - most of their images are licensed via their subscription service where photographers get anywhere from 25 cents to 38 cents depending upon their lifetime earnings.  Most photographers license several images a day there, so it's a very different marketplace than Alamy. 

At 25¢ to $28 per download I can't imagine why anyone might think this is a good thing.

I think youre a bit out of touch here or wrongly informed!  that agency have more credit-sales, on-demand sales and extended license sales then anybody else on this globe! What you are refering to is their subscription-program.

I personally clock in between 3-4K per month there, every single month.

I personally would find it extremely interesting seeing an Alamy deal with that agency. Not to speak of a super-smart move.

I think youre a bit out of touch here or wrongly informed! that agency have more credit-sales, on-demand sales and extended license sales then anybody else on this globe! What you are refering to is their subscription-program.

I personally would find it extremely interesting seeing an Alamy deal with that agency. Not to speak of a super-smart move.

Hi Christian.

So does that mean you see 400 sales per week @25cents or does that 4k include mainly large sales ? Curious because that's some sizable income.

I think youre a bit out of touch here or wrongly informed! that agency have more credit-sales, on-demand sales and extended license sales then anybody else on this globe! What you are refering to is their subscription-program.

Hi Christian.

So does that mean you see 400 sales per week @25cents or does that 4k include mainly large sales ? Curious because that's some sizable income.

No!  as Geoff says!  its same as any other agency and of course includes all different sales, credit-sales, OD's, extended-licenses, subs. etc. Most people here are refering to ( that agency,  no names) as it was about 5 years back.

Have in mind, my port there is around 2500 images, no more but highly niched, specialized that is.

Now if Alamy could strike some sort of deal, placing images there, my God! they would sell plenty. Of course they would have to cull this massive collection of old, outdated editorial stuff, that don't sell in the more up to date agencies.

all the best and merry X-mas!

I see no point in alamy selling our images on other sites, so we only get 50% of what they make when we can get 100% by uploading ourselves.  If they are going to do this, we need an opt out because I would much rather upload direct and not lose half my money.  I have no problem if other people want to lose 50% of their potential earnings but there must be a choice.  Hopefully they are checking to see that these images aren't already on the other site but a list of 3rd party sites and a tick box for opting out is the best way to do this.

Hey, do I understand it correct that your Stockimo collection images are distributed to Shutterstock agency? Is it correct that you can earn around 0,12$? 

It's just hard to believe if this info is correct...  :o   :wacko:  

(And again - no author credit info with the image?  :rolleyes:   )

I see no point in alamy selling our images on other sites, so we only get 50% of what they make when we can get 100% by uploading ourselves.  If they are going to do this, we need an opt out because I would much rather upload direct and not lose half my money.  I have no problem if other people want to lose 50% of their potential earnings but there must be a choice.  Hopefully they are checking to see that these images aren't already on the other site but a list of 3rd party sites and a tick box for opting out is the best way to do this.

No harm meant but Stephen!  with such a generalist portfolio as you have. Does it really matter? I mean, I doubt very much you are earning a total fortune here or anywhere else.

just saying.

$28 is only the net max for Enhanced. DLs can be as high, IME, as $84 net.

Max for Single On Demand downloads is up to $120net.... it just depends on what banding you're on. 

Archived