QC speed

A big thumbs up to the Alamy QC team for the speed of approving submissions! 

I've always been in the 2 to 3 day queue, but the last few submissions have all passed within 24 hours - the last one took only 18 hours!

Well done!!

John.

I'm curious, John, what your average number of submissions is? I usually submit only about a dozen at a time, and 24 hours is average for me. When the wait time gets to even a half day longer, anxiety of a QC fail begins to grow. 

In the past 2 weeks i have been waiting 2 days for QC clearance,  it came very late one night,  a big change for me as i have always been cleared with 24 hours, normally by 11 am the next day.

(QCAS) John! mine starts when i click on upload.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Paul.

In the past 2 weeks i have been waiting 2 days for QC clearance,  it came very late one night,  a big change for me as i have always been cleared with 24 hours, normally by 11 am the next day.

(QCAS) John! mine starts when i click on upload.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Paul.

I've had a couple of late-nighters lately as well, which is unusual. I generally get cleared in the morning. We must be in a new queue located in some remote corner of the globe.

My approvals used to come in "my" morning. Soon as I got up, it would be there. Of course, it could have come in the night, is there a way to tell? Email notification doesn't always come timed exactly with the pass.

Now it comes in late afternoon or late evening.

For some of my uploads the email notification have been late and some very late. But QC usually within the 24hrs.

To be honest I do not think the email is needed as I simply check the "Track your submissions" page during the following days.

Allan

I'm curious, John, what your average number of submissions is? I usually submit only about a dozen at a time, and 24 hours is average for me. When the wait time gets to even a half day longer, anxiety of a QC fail begins to grow. 

Ed, average is about 30-35 each time.

John.

Helloooo there i am new in the site..I made account 28 novem and my first QC was fail(was fast,about24hours) because i send more then 4images ..Then i send 4 on 2december and i am still waiting..No answere,no massage...So iwander hoe many days they need?I alreafy deleate my account from istockphoto because they have 30days(!) awaithing list...So if here is the same and i cant post any picture until christmas i'll deleate my account too..

Helloooo there i am new in the site..I made account 28 novem and my first QC was fail(was fast,about24hours) because i send more then 4images ..Then i send 4 on 2december and i am still waiting..No answere,no massage...So iwander hoe many days they need?I alreafy deleate my account from istockphoto because they have 30days(!) awaithing list...So if here is the same and i cant post any picture until christmas i'll deleate my account too..

You could always email member services.

John.

Just make sure that you dont send images that are technically incorrect and you will not have any issue with any agency. Also like John said you could email member services. Threatening that you will delete your account if no response will not help you just hurt you. 

Mirco 

I already email them..In support page there are mails that y can find for each country..so i email to the mail given for my country(greece)..I get the answere that THIS EMAIL IS NOT EXISTING! so for newby in this site this things are strange ,shout be more easy for new people..i send today to support (that i coudnt find yesterday)and i am waiting for answere 

I already email them..In support page there are mails that y can find for each country..so i email to the mail given for my country(greece)..I get the answere that THIS EMAIL IS NOT EXISTING! so for newby in this site this things are strange ,shout be more easy for new people..i send today to support (that i coudnt find yesterday)and i am waiting for answere 

I think you are wrong. You where looking at partner contacts. This are distributors of our images and not Alamy office.

The right email is:

memberservices@alamy.com

They usually answer very fast within 1 hour.

Good luck.

Mirco

• 1 month later...

11 approvals in 9 days, no failure, it is good for me, I follow Alamy team advice, smaller batches, less failures. I keep each batch smaller than 10 images. 

I've uploaded as many as 160 in a batch, average about 40, they fail if they don't reach the QC standard. I've had 186 submissions with one fail (tempting fate), it's only about the QC standard, not volume.

11 approvals in 9 days, no failure, it is good for me, I follow Alamy team advice, smaller batches, less failures. I keep each batch smaller than 10 images. 

I make small (usually under 30 images) submissions as well, for two reasons. One, I have a fairly slow Internet connection. Two, small submissions are easier to check for technical problems.

Archived