Help with tree I/D please

looks like American Sweetgum, or Sugar Maple? Hard to tell those two apart from a distance though.....if the leaves have 5 distinct pointy lobes. then its the Amercan sweet gum.......and if the leaves have 3 large jagerdy lobes with 2 smaller lobes at edges, the probably Sugar Maple.

Parm

Sorry I cannot help Kumar as I only have info on British trees and wild plants otherwise I search the web then come here like you have done.

However lesson learnt. Always take closeups of plant leaves, buds, flower, petals while you are there for future reference as I do. It all helps to identify trees/plants etc.

Allan

Sorry I cannot help Kumar as I only have info on British trees and wild plants otherwise I search the web then come here like you have done.

However lesson learnt. Always take closeups of plant leaves, buds, flower, petals while you are there for future reference as I do. It all helps to identify trees/plants etc.

Allan

Yup - should have done though we were stopped where we shouldnt have been to get the image!

K

• 2 weeks later...

Almost certainly a sugar maple, considering it's in New Hampshire. But, since they're very closely related to the Norway maple, and those are frequently planted as parkway trees in the States, there's a chance it's that instead. As mentioned before, a leaf closeup would settle it.

Archived