Hola! from Ecuador

AngelaJean

Hola!

I've been adding photos like a mad woman the last couple of weeks and am up to 46 in my collection with many more to come. And I think I've figured out search terms as 5 photos have shown up in views! Hurray for small victories! I'm curious, do many of you post keywords in two languages? 

Currently, the vast majority of my photos are from Ecuador as that is my current home. Since Quito was once again selected as one of the top tour destinations in South America (and the world), I hope to capture some of the increased interested in travel and tourism to this beautiful country. It is so much more than the Galapagos... and that place alone is wonderful.

I would also appreciate any feedback on the concept pseudonyms - do you use them and if so, why? If you have specifically chosen not to, do you think it has hurt your CTR rating?

Looking forward to productive sales in micro-stock photography,

Angie

Welcome Angie - some great shots of your wonderful country which I am hoping to visit soon!

I dont really use pseudonyms - no particular reason- but many others do

Be aware that Alamy is not really microstock, though many here would say that it seems to be going that way!

Good luck and enjoy Alamy!

Kumar

I like your images. The funny caracara makes me smile. I think your keywording looks good. I only use a foreign word if it seems to be one commonly used --- as in "vaquero". And Brazil is often spelled as Brasil. It is sort of hit and miss. I went to All of Alamy in Alamy Measures and put %concept in the search to see how often it is used in searches. A lot. Makes me think I need to add it to a lot of my images. You mention that you live in a travel destination. It would help you to sell on Alamy if you have people in your images. Show the tourists doing what tourists do there. Think about images that can be used to illustrate a travel article. I don't follow my own advice on this but I have found that my few people images sell better than the animals.

Paulette

Edit: I realize you were not talking about "concept" in the keywords. Like Doc, I also only use my name.

Welcome Angie - some great shots of your wonderful country which I am hoping to visit soon!

Be aware that Alamy is not really microstock, though many here would say that it seems to be going that way!

Kumar

Thanks for the warm welcome, Doc! Once I figure out how to get notified on replies, I'll be doing much better :)

Kumar

Hello and welcome to Alamy world.

Allan

Thanks so much, Allan. I look forward to discovering how to be productive in this community.

I like your images. The funny caracara makes me smile. I think your keywording looks good. I only use a foreign word if it seems to be one commonly used --- as in "vaquero". And Brazil is often spelled as Brasil. It is sort of hit and miss. I went to All of Alamy in Alamy Measures and put %concept in the search to see how often it is used in searches. A lot. Makes me think I need to add it to a lot of my images. You mention that you live in a travel destination. It would help you to sell on Alamy if you have people in your images. Show the tourists doing what tourists do there. Think about images that can be used to illustrate a travel article. I don't follow my own advice on this but I have found that my few people images sell better than the animals.

Paulette

Edit: I realize you were not talking about "concept" in the keywords. Like Doc, I also only use my name.

Thanks so much for a great answer! I am working on the people in photos but I also would like to have signed releases for the people that I use in photos. That's my sticking point at the moment. I hate the idea of selling photos of local Ecuadorians without asking their permission. I have managed a short release statement in Spanish, so that should help. Cross my fingers, I will be posting more people photos very soon.

Welcome Angie.....nice pics, really like your bird shots! best of luck with your sales.

Parm

It is such debate which photos to get loaded first... the bird shots are my favorite photos to take but I think there is a larger market for landscape. But time will tell!

Welcome indeed, Angela Jean. Don't worry too much about getting model releases from strangers . . . just make the images RM and say you have no release. There are lots of editorial sales to be made. Any small part of a person needs a model release, by the way. And if you have an image of a famous building or special property, those need a property release. Again, just say 'yes' it needs a PR, and say you don't have one.  Make the image RM. You won't need a release for most birds . . . famous, privately own birds maybe.   :)

I still own an Otavalo poncho, the navy and gray one they wear themselves.   B)

Keywords to add to your beautiful birds are:

animal,animals,avian,wildlife,perch,perched,eating (if that applies) also what it is perched on...tree, limb, branch, or whatever.

In actuality, I don't think I've ever seen a search term such as feather,feathered, but you won't hurt leaving those in.

Archived