Wrong end of the stick?

spacecadet

The thread in which I suggested it was inappropriate of the contributor blog to joke about carrying firearms in luggage has been removed.

That's even funnier (peculiar) than writing it in the first place.

I wonder how it breached forum rules. I have asked.

Beware of criticising Alamy? Is that the message?

Hmmm . . . the blog article is still there though . . . and surely the advice to pack a gun is a tad wimpy . . . I'd suggest a portable rocket-launcher. Make customs really sit up and take note . . . and probably no more illegal in many countries than packing a handgun as pictured in the blog.

dd

Beware of criticising Alamy? Is that the message?

Clearly not - a quick scan of the forum shows we're happy to let discussion of that nature happen in a constructive way.

You posted your message in "Lets talk about pics" - this isn't an area where you can post complaints about blog posts, so it was removed.

You wrote to member services about this and were given a response. The section of the blog post you have found offensive was written light-heartedly, in a certain spirit that has not been appreciated by yourself. We're sorry you took offence in this case. We're of course not recommending that anyone goes out and breaks the law in order to get preferential treatment for a flight.

The blog post in question has been viewed thousands of times across our international audience and yours is the only complaint of this nature. Nevertheless we appreciate the feedback and we're again sorry that this caused you offence.

Cheers

Alamy

Archived