I submitted two panorama's of Amsterdam from 100 meter up, who by their nature, are lather large. Normal transmittance didn't work so I tweeted and was told to try FTP, which did work. But they didn't get through with the message: Unable To Process - resubmit media

Their dimensions are:

14197x3822 @ 300dpi bit depth 24 
16239x3027 @ 300dpi bit depth 24

So what's up and how to proceed?

It's strange because they should work by web upload as they are less than 200MB uncompressed. I've just uploaded a few panoramas larger than this and they have gone through. If they are larger than 200 MB uncompressed, they will be uploaded but refused immediately after that (they are size checked after the upload). There is no 25MB compressed limit for stock images by web upload - I don't know about FTP. Are you sure you haven't left them as 16-bit (I presume when you say 24-bit, you mean 8-bit by 3 channels)?

It's strange because they should work by web upload as they are less than 200MB uncompressed. I've just uploaded a few panoramas larger than this and they have gone through. If they are larger than 200 MB uncompressed, they will be uploaded but refused immediately after that (they are size checked after the upload). There is no 25MB compressed limit for stock images by web upload - I don't know about FTP. Are you sure you haven't left them as 16-bit (I presume when you say 24-bit, you mean 8-bit by 3 channels)? 

Yes, 8 bit by 3 channels. Ok, will re-submit....

Just to say that nothing has changed recently in relation to max size - (200MB uncompressed). I've just done an upload with some large panos and all are now showing as awaiting QC,

Message was "resubmit" . . .

dd

• 4 weeks later...

Er, resubmit?

Bleeding heck . . . not sure why this post from spacecadet attracted 3 red thingys (I've cancelled one of them) . . . it's the absolute/correct/succinct answer to "how to proceed" . . .

dd

Archived