Hi there,

I had an image licensed last year with the following terms: "Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Any size. Any Placement. Repeat use within a single issue."

I don't understand what the term 'single issue' refers to. Is that 'within a single issue' of the licence? Or 'within a single issue' of a publication?

Thanks for any help.

Bob

In a single issue of the magazine.

is there a language barrier here?

Yes there seems to be Mark .. the image that was licensed under those terms ended up in multiple newspaper titles within the same group .. like you, I would have understood 'single issue' as referring to a title but the licensee seems to understand it differently. Though as a relatively new contributor, I thought maybe I had misunderstood and wanted to check with others here.  Thanks for your, albeit sarky, reply.

I take it to mean a single issue of the Magazine. If it's published monthly they can only use your image in one month's magazine.

Thanks Michael - that's what I would have thought but the image seems to have been used many times by the same newspaper group in various titles. I think I'll refer the issue to Alamy now. Many thanks again. Bob

sarky, reply.

I have had a number of these myself and it seemed a perfectly clear use of the word 'issue', hence the question. Alamy is an international agency and I had no way of knowing whether you were a native speaker of English, just as you apparently have no way of telling the difference between an innocent question and an insult.

I am not a relatively new contributor and some find my input useful but I shall not make the mistake of helping you again.

Incidentally, to whoever else uses the red arrows, I don't.  I feel there are less childish ways of expressing yourself than an anonymous snipe.

sarky, reply.

Alamy is an international agency and I had no way of knowing whether you were a native speaker of English, just as

Incidentally, to whoever else uses the red arrows, I don't.  I feel there are less childish ways of expressing yourself than an anonymous snipe.

I'm surprised you can't hazard a very decent guess by looking at his portfolio. My guess is that he is either Irish or resident in Ireland. With a name like Bernard Golden, abbreviated to Bob, then I would consider it very, very likely indeed that he is a native English speaker. Also from his initial post, it is fairly clear that he is a native English speaker.

I don't give red arrows by the way but, if I did, then I would probably have given you one for your initial answer, because it does come across as intolerant and rude (not the first time you have answered first-time posters on the forum in a less than polite manner I should add - my opinion of course).

And his real name is Bernardo Oro. Got it.

Actually on the subject of rain and Ireland, I spent two weeks in late August in Beara in the far south-west. Beaa has some of the highest rainfall in the country and it rained only once - magnificent clouds and loads of sunshine. The luck of the Irish I guess. Masses of images to process.

Actually on the subject of rain and Ireland, I spent two weeks in late August in Beara in the far south-west. Beaa has some of the highest rainfall in the country and it rained only once - magnificent clouds and loads of sunshine. The luck of the Irish I guess. Masses of images to process.

Hi MDM .. I may have passed you on the road in Beara so as I was there too for the last week of August. You have some lovely shots there of the area .. I hadn't been in Beara since I was a kid and it was stunning .. definitely we were lucky with the weather .. if you get a chance to visit the region again, I recommend Cape Clear Island where I spent the last few days of the trip. Glad to hear you had a great trip. Bob

Hi MDM .. I may have passed you on the road in Beara so as I was there too for the last week of August. You have some lovely shots there of the area .. I hadn't been in Beara since I was a kid and it was stunning .. definitely we were lucky with the weather .. if you get a chance to visit the region again, I recommend Cape Clear Island where I spent the last few days of the trip. Glad to hear you had a great trip. Bob

Hi Bob, yes Beara is very special to me. I've been going there since I was a small child - my father was born on a farm in the mountains overlooking Bantry Bay and the Atlantic. My great-great-grandfather must have had great taste as far as views were concerned when he built his house. The mountains of Beara were the first mountains I ever saw when I was 3 and I remember being awestruck by the beauty of the place back then. In fact that definitely had a lifelong influence on me and my love of landscape photography. I've travelled most of the west coast of Ireland in the last 15 years but not made it down to past Beara to Cape Clear or Mizen area - I must do that next time.

Archived