Using LR, any way for my IPTC to go from LR to Alamy

Hello. New contributor. Is there a way to NOT duplicate my keywording. Or is there a way for my Lightroom IPTC and Keywording to follow my submission from Lightroom, thru its upload?

I saw the export plugin and I am looking for a way that does not have a plug in if available

LR iptc should go through just fine. Title, caption and keywords all work. But, the keywords all go to comprehensive so then you have to manually put them into essential and main after QC. Somewhere on Alamy there is a listing of which LR fields get matched up. Check in contributor information section.

The plugin works by adding those fields in LR so you can do it all there.

I don't want keywording to be a part of my imaging workflow.

With most contributors the word "faster" keeps being mentioned; "better" is a better word. Keywording is hard, time-consuming and no fun. And I also see it as a left-brain function. I'm dyslectic, so for me it has always been a good idea to insert a time separation between academic functions and creative functions. I don't want to be dealing with keywords while I'm moving those sliders and watching the picture change in LR (LR5 now). 

Keywording gets my full attention in Manage Images v2.4 in the morning after the images pass QC, after oatmeal, blueberries and strong coffee. So far I've not heard anyone say, "I'm happy as a clam with my keywording." Just position the most important terms first and don't spam. 

I'm with Ed as I separate the two functions.

I do put basic keywords in during workflow but I would rather get the images loaded up and through QC before doing the full keywording at my leisure.

Streamlining the keywording and making it easier to attach to images does not have to mean you approach it at the same time or the imaging and keywording need to interfere with each other.

All I do is caption AFTER finishing the image processing processes.

I then send. And then once passed QC, I attack the keywording. As I offered elsewhere, I start with the captions and the 5 W's.

What is key for me however is that that all of my work is linked and managed in a single place and sent to Alamy once complete. It sits in my database, can be referenced, searched, backed up and applied to similar images...

To use your word, a single point of manage,net has to better, doesn't it?

I have to agree, I just started using the plugin and I find it much easier to use the LR interface for everything.  But I don't mix keywording and image processing.  The keywording, except for some basic words added during import to LR all wait until after QC.

So far I am finding the plugin well worth the time and money to set up.  There is one thing I cannot figure out though: how to set the license?  I have a mix of RM and RF and I have been setting the license in manage images rather then LR because I'm afraid it will get set wrong and I won't be able to change it.

Archived