cheapest camera that will pass QC

I am looking for a camera to take sea kayaking. I have in the past drowned a DSLR so am reluctant to take my XT1.

Don't think any of the waterproof compacts are up to the job, so I'm thinking of a secondhand good quality compact that I can keep in drybag and won't cause me to much distress if it gets trashed.

Can anyone suggest a model or two to look out for ? ideally with viewfinder and wide zoom.

ta.

......A quick look has got me thinking about Canon G10, which doesn't appear on the naughty list - though it isn't on the approved list either. Can get em reasonably cheap on ebay. 

Any thoughts on this one ?

I have this one for a mk2. A mk1 fits in with a couple of thin rubber pads. The mk2 will not fit in a mk1 housing. It's a bit clunky, but no worse than other such housings. Like always, keeping moisture out of the housing before you close it is the main problem. I started it with a second hand Mk1 to test it, before I put in my then brand new mk2. (Operating via wifi.)

wim

edit: the offer I made was a bit less, still got it no problem, so there may be some room for haggling.

The G15 and 16 are on the recommended list but not the 10. However I'd have thought the sensors are on the small side. I'd recommend a sony RX100 with a 1" sensor and it will be a good carry every where camera to boot. I have the Mk11 but the Mk 1 goes cheap these days. Of course I don't know how cheap you want to go

Yes I thought secondhand straight away, e.g. A Canon 450D in good nick goes for around £150 on Ebay. Mine is hardly used, but has produced selling images, and is not for sale!

Archived