Hi guys,

I had a weekly magazine from interested to license on of my photo, the photo isnt on Alamy or any other Licensing sites. As I haven't never done it myself before, wondering how do I go about setting price, contracts etc.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

www.muradrm.com

Magazines I have dealt with have a set price they pay

Its a celebrity gossip magazine, is it the same case for them? Also do I need to give a contract, or they will send me one? If I need one, is there a sample anywhere I can see

Thanks

Here in the U.S., most magazines have page rate schedule and either you agree to that price or you walk away.  So it often depends on size of the use, such as 1/4 page, 1/2 page, 3/4 page, full page etc.... 

Thanks, yah its a US magaizine, covering celebrity news etc.

Here in the U.S., most magazines have page rate schedule and either you agree to that price or you walk away.  So it often depends on size of the use, such as 1/4 page, 1/2 page, 3/4 page, full page etc....

Thanks, yah its a US magaizine, covering celebrity news etc.

Well a celebrity magazine could be a whole other animal, if you have an exclusive celebrity photo then you may have some bargaining power. Having said that, I have never entered the celebrity photo arena so I may not be qualified to really answer your question.

Archived