Bro. Just upload your images RAW with minimal editing, any pro photograph researcher will know the potential for post. But you will not get rejected for raw images with no editing, as long as it it sharp and clean, you'll be fine. I don't worry about sales, just a good image. 

There are many more requirements for passing in addition to an image being "sharp and clean" (and not uploaded as RAW), as even a cursory glance at the guidelines will show.

And of course "ars gratia artis" is a fine motto for an "artist" (or a hypocritical major movie house of days gone by), but it's hardly good advice to a stranger in a forum attached to stock photography.

dd

Bro. Just upload your images RAW with minimal editing, any pro photograph researcher will know the potential for post. But you will not get rejected for raw images with no editing, as long as it it sharp and clean, you'll be fine. I don't worry about sales, just a good image. 

Alamy, can we please have a fourth subforum, for bad advice??

Alamy, can we please have a fourth subforum, for bad advice??

+1

I used to shoot raw, but now I just shoot jpeg using a neutral profile that allows for enough adjustment when necessary. If you don't want to do that much, just use a punched up jpeg profile in camera. Remember, stock photography used to be shot on transparency film and one just chose a film stock that gave desired results. If you wanted really punchy colors, you shot with Velvia.

As for any pro photoresearcher seeing the potential in a flat looking photo, hardly. Most of them are millennials or younger and they want quick and easy. If it's a choice between a flat photo and a punchy photo, they'll go with punchy every time.

Archived