Simple and Free File Back up Software PC

I've been using Seagate's 'Drive Manager' for Back ups to my external drives successfully for quite some time.   It was pre-installed on the original drives but lost now.

I need to  load a similar program in another PC but can't find a download for Drive Manager.

So....  Can anyone recommend a nice simple program which will allow me to select Directories to be backed up from one external drive to another.  

I do not need auto sync - quite happy to back up when I want it.

Thanks

John

That's the one I recently bought to backup my computer. Now I need to figure out how to just add my new photo folders without having to do a full.

Why not use Time Machine - that is truly simple to use and you can select/exclude folders for backup?

Thank you Betty and MDM.  I'll look at Time Machine.

John

Sorry John. I was talking to Betty there. Time Machine is Mac only, comes with the OS.

SuperDuper will do "Smart Update" that doesn't involve copying everything. I've not investigated choosing certain folders. I just "Smart Update" my Mac hard drive and "Smart Update" the drive where I store my images.

Paulette

Carbon Copy for the mac too. I use it and only know when it is working by notifications appearing in the corner of the screen. But it is working.

Allan

That's the one I recently bought to backup my computer. Now I need to figure out how to just add my new photo folders without having to do a full.

Why not use Time Machine - that is truly simple to use and you can select/exclude folders for backup?

You are always so helpful to me, and I thank you. I did use Time a Machine to backup on the Seagate. Then immediately forgot about it again, assuming I just needed to go directly to the Seagate Dashboard.

I'll check it out. A greenie for you.

Archived