I recently upgraded to Yosemite on my iMac and have just discovered a problem with printing from Photoshop and Lightroom...

Printer is a Canon ip5000, and it works ok with adobe reader, open office, safari....

Tried printing today from Photoshop and it took it's usual slow time but put out a complete blank paper, tried with lightroom, same result. :angry:

Have checked all the utility stuff, printed tests ok, printed from other applications ok.

Anybody got any clues as to what might be happening... -_-

TIA

Phil

So, a printer driver update won't  be appropriate?

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip5000.aspx

The printer is cheap compared to the ink.....

Been down that road, and a few side roads as well ;)

Printer deader than a Monty Python parrot :P  

New HP installed, cheaper to run than the old Canon, output good enough as any serious photo printing gets outsourced :D Mainly being used for general paperwork.

Phil

So, a printer driver update won't  be appropriate?

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip5000.aspx

The printer is cheap compared to the ink.....

Been down that road, and a few side roads as well ;)

Printer deader than a Monty Python parrot :P  

New HP installed, cheaper to run than the old Canon, output good enough as any serious photo printing gets outsourced :D Mainly being used for general paperwork.

Phil

It's a shame . . . lovely plumage the Canon ip5000 . . .

dd

• 2 weeks later...

Printers are so cheap nowadays it is not worth trying to update.

They make their money out of the ink cartridges which are exorbitant.

I've switched to a cheap Brother and outsource all my images. It cost less than half the cost of a set of cartridges for my old printer!

dov

Archived