Unlocking a JPEG?

Right click on the jpeg, get info, then click on read and write permissions at the bottom….

I think the Locked tickbox is under General at the top (at least it is on Yosemite).

Oh boy, another exciting, amazing adventure in the all-new-and-shiny digital world. Thank you, guys. Neither of your suggestions worked . . . but they got me exploring menus and submenus and I got it done. So thanks. 

How did I do it? I have no idea, since I bounced around everything and everywhere while trying. Right clicking just opened the image. Never saw "General" anywhere. And I'm not yet on Yosemite; I'm running 10.9.5, which I think is somewhere in the Napa Valley.   :rolleyes:

The General referred to is the top section in the Info box which opens when you select a file in the Finder and do one of the following:

File Menu - Get Info

Command-I 

Right click and Get Info (but this one only works on a Mac if you have set this in your Mouse Preferences under System Preferences which is why you are not seeing it)

I don't know if the Info box has changed very recently (MacOS10.10) but it has existed in one form or another since the very early days of the Mac. It has always been where you lock or unlock files among other things - showing file and folder sizes and numbers of files in folders is my main use for it when I am manually backing up.

Phew, I was going to ask how do you even lock one in the first place, but after reading the trouble Edo had I think I'll let it rest . . .

dd

. . .  could it be corrupt?

. . . or at the very least, just a tad naughty?

dd

It couldn't be corrupt -- it was a picture of Seattle's Central Library, a steadfast establishment. But to be serious, foto, that's a possibility. I would have no reason to lock an image. I've deleted it. 

It couldn't be corrupt -- it was a picture of Seattle's Central Library, a steadfast establishment. But to be serious, foto, that's a possibility. I would have no reason to lock an image. I've deleted it. 

Seattle's central library locked it. :P

Allan

Maybe locked when reviewing on camera - easy to do with Nikons which have a lock button near the menu button.

Yep,done that, too. If I notice it at the time I unlock it in camera. If I couldn't do it on PC and haven't deleted the images on card, I'd put it back in camera and do it there, as a last resort.

Krisken

Archived