Search Alamy by one photographer

I recall some time ago there is a method for which a potential client can search Alamy for images created by only one photographer.  But, I cannot find my notes on that method, and I don't think it was posted on this Forum.  If anyone has that step-by-step procedure, I would appreciate it.   Mark Weidman

It used to be possible to look for for the contributor's name in a general search, but pseudos were removed from the key word search some while ago.

A good move, in my view, as I had foolishly selected a pseudo which includes the name of a major city, resulting in many false positives and a ruinous CTR.

Not practical for me as there is another "Allan Bell" using his name as a pseudo too so our images all come up together.

My other pseudo "abelimages" is OK though. So far!

Allan

Apologies for taking this on a slight tangent...

One of the reasons I find it hard to use the  'How was your Month' thread is that most contributors don't post total images on sale as well. If you go by the link on their forum profile then you only get one of their pseudonyms showing. To me total sales is only useful if you know total images across all pseudonyms.

I've tried to find away to search across all contributor pseudonyms but can't. I guess only Alamy have that info.

Michael

(No pseudonyms in use)

One of the reasons I find it hard to use the  'How was your Month' thread is that most contributors don't post total images on sale as well. If you go by the link on their forum profile then you only get one of their pseudonyms showing. To me total sales is only useful if you know total images across all pseudonyms.

I've tried to find away to search across all contributor pseudonyms but can't. I guess only Alamy have that info.

Michael

(No pseudonyms in use)

I think the link on forum includes all images/psuedos...does for me when I click on my own anyway...

Michael

(No pseudonyms in use)

I think the link on forum includes all images/psuedos...does for me when I click on my own anyway...

Phil - Thanks, I've tried to reproduce what made me think that but can't now! I think I got caught out by the forum link not updating the number of images unless the user signs out and back in. When it's a high volume shooter that could be quite a difference.

Michael

Michael

(No pseudonyms in use)

Phil - Thanks, I've tried to reproduce what made me think that but can't now! I think I got caught out by the forum link not updating the number of images unless the user signs out and back in. When it's a high volume shooter that could be quite a difference.

Michael

Your observation has probably been correct.

Some contributors had to start a second account to qualify for the Creative collection. So their number will only show one part of their collection.

Then there are some that have asked for a zero images collection so that they can post here, without showing their collection(s). Presumably only some larger contributors have been allowed. Their number will show zero. And you won't see any image unless you have a good memory. (Or a good archive.)

Then there's even a third possibility: you will see someone's own collection, but not images with other agents that are on Alamy too. In some cases with the exact same images. So if you do a pseudo search, you may occasionally see much higher numbers as a result than the blue number on the forum.

But wait there's a fourth: There are contributors of the same name.

And even a fifth: there are contributors that have different names, but the same pseudo. Try: deleted; creative; best of.

wim

Archived