Do your sales arrive in clusters?

I'm puzzled. I seem to go for weeks with no sales, and then several occur within a few days of each other. I know it's always possible to read "patterns" into random data, but it keeps happening. The images aren't related.

Does anyone else see this kind of pattern?

It's almost as if Alamy periodically reviews my account and decides to chase up on any downloaded images to see if they were used and then issues invoices. Or am I just imagining things??

Mark

Yes, I often get clusters and then fallow periods. Not complaining, though. I need all the clusters I can get.

Maybe Alamy tends to invoice at a certain time of the month?

I don't get enough sales to spot a reliable pattern. Maybe some of the more regular sellers can comment?

Yes, I often get clusters and then fallow periods. Not complaining, though. I need all the clusters I can get.

Maybe Alamy tends to invoice at a certain time of the month?

I don't get enough sales to spot a reliable pattern. Maybe some of the more regular sellers can comment?

I haven't notice any pattern that could be considered reliable. Some months I see clusters and other months a drip feed of single licenses. April started off with a small cluster and has turned into sporadic leases. This year, my sales volume hasn't been as consistent as in 2014 (10 sales/month on average), but April is shaping up to be a good month.

Even when there are daily sales, virtually every agent has patterns to their reporting as client accounts dept tend to report at the same time every month. The most obvious being the newspapers for say Alamy and any agency which deals with the majors where the sales are reported around this time of the month.

If you have images which tend to get used by similar/same clients, then there will often be a clumping of sales related to those clients - textbooks clients in week one, newspapers in week three/four etc.

I am probably alone in this but I'd rather have monthly reporting. Looking every day can takes up a lot of time when you add it all up. (Lets say 5 minutes x 300) I can choose to look once a month of course but, yeah, well, thats going to happen. Agents where I get a monthly/quarterly statement leads to far more efficient processing of it all and from a psychological point of view if there is disappointment then it is concentrated to one moment rather than dragged out. Interestingly all the sales venues I have which report real time (or send me an email each time I get a sale or lots of stats) are crowd sourced.

Whilst I do regret the amount of time I spend rubbernecking in account sections, I also remember how stressful it was waiting for the letter to arrive with quarterly statements and a cheque of variable amount........

I do like to be able to see cashflow (one agent has recently done cashflow months in their contrib section) - makes life a little easier with the bank.

Maybe we need a therapy group for frequent account checkers....

There is also the matter of certain projects being pertinent to what you are offering. From my measures I can see that someone is busy looking at subjects around this fine city in which I live. A clump of searches, a clump of zooms and hopefully a clump of sales.

I am probably alone in this but I'd rather have monthly reporting. Looking every day can takes up a lot of time when you add it all up. (Lets say 5 minutes x 300) I can choose to look once a month of course but, yeah, well, thats going to happen. Agents where I get a monthly/quarterly statement leads to far more efficient processing of it all and from a psychological point of view if there is disappointment then it is concentrated to one moment rather than dragged out. Interestingly all the sales venues I have which report real time (or send me an email each time I get a sale or lots of stats) are crowd sourced.

Seeing regular sales is encouraging rather than having to wait 1 - 3 months for a statement.  I wish all my agencies reported in real time like Alamy.

Pearl

I guess it shows up more with smaller collections. It feels to me as if sales do come in clusters. If you're in the newspaper scheme for instance you might expect several sales to appear at once. I assume invoices and raised quarterly? or at some similar interval.

Fallow period!

Despite improved views and zooms over the last few months I seem to have had a fallow period since November last year. :angry:

Allan

Fallow period!

Despite improved views and zooms over the last few months I seem to have had a fallow period since November last year. :angry:

Allan

You poor fallow (sorry, I couldn't resist). The first quarter of this year was fairly fallow for me as well, but seeds have begun to sprout this month.

Sales seem to be more or less random, though I do find distributor sales tend to come through together. This week I had three from the Czech Republic on the same day (and yes, I can now retire on the proceeds).

In general I think the more images you have, the more uniform the sales will tend to be.

I find Fridays tend to be quiet. Someone else said Mondays. Who knows?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived