Post your positive results here :)

One coming tomorrow for $180.  The second time for this relatively new (shot in the last year) image.  Incidentally, shot with my RX100 using it as a stealth camera.  :o

Congratulations. Sometimes stealth = wealth.

I think I need to revisit that venue and get another one, which will, of course, not look like the first, but have the same interesting subject matter.  

I have sold this image for a greeting card. I always thought it was perfect for that use. I'd love to see it, of course, so I hope someone spots it.

grizzly-bear-yearling-cubs-ursus-arctos-

DMBM4A  Grizzly bears embracing.

Paulette

I have sold this image for a greeting card. I always thought it was perfect for that use. I'd love to see it, of course, so I hope someone spots it.

grizzly-bear-yearling-cubs-ursus-arctos-

DMBM4A  Grizzly bears embracing.

Paulette

That's a great image - perfect for that use!

Michaek

very good - right moment right time shots.

i had a similar one once, watching car racing, high speed burst on, filling up card fast! then a crash happened right in front of me, and i snapped away, frame by frame and got some good shots (im convinced to this day, that i flinched out of fright and held the shutter by accident!), results in some good sales elsewhere.

heart stopping stuff though, my friend was shook up seeing the carnage happen so close!

I have a PPL, ( private pilot license).  flying on a commission in the North sea, shooting one giant oil-rig, possibly the biggest in the world. All of a sudden there are these giant whales surfacing beneath us, incredible sights!

I asked my pal to take over and started to shoot like mad. I am far from a wildlife photographer but of all the pics I took in the panic, at least I got a dozen sharp ones, one classic with the giant tale-fin splashing down in the water. 

This happend in February and it was freezing cold and I mean freezing.

The experience alone, well I never forget it!

It wasn't here, but this morning I woke up to a monthly sales report that showed a gross sale of just under $10K. My biggest ever sale and I am stoked to say the least :D

Congratulations Jools. :wub:  Well done! May I ask what type of image it was, ie. Landscape Cityscape News etc.  I've always wondered what type of image commands such large fees.

Well, without giving too much away for obvious reasons. It wasn't a sunset or sunrise with gorgeous light. In fact it was a little flat on the lighting. There was some but it was a mostly cloudy day.

I'd had a couple of other good fees too around the $1.5K mark which was nice :)

Dougie. This is a story I was told by a friend of mine who used to work and contribute for Tony Stone.

Apparently, when good sales would come in like that they would publish the results and show the image/ s. Then what would happen? They would be inundated with similar images all hoping for the same thing. Needless to say, that excursion didn't go on for too long.

It would be commercial suicide for me to show what it was that sold. There would be a number of people out there who would read this; try and figure out where it was that I took the photo and then hope for something along the same lines.

As I start earning more and more I am being VERY cautious as to what I say. I don't mind saying I had good sales or in the case of Alamy not a lot. But I think what we all have to remember, and is lacking here, is that we are competitors whether we like it or not.

Dougie. This is a story I was told by a friend of mine who used to work and contribute for Tony Stone.

Apparently, when good sales would come in like that they would publish the results and show the image/ s. Then what would happen? They would be inundated with similar images all hoping for the same thing. Needless to say, that excursion didn't go on for too long.

It would be commercial suicide for me to show what it was that sold. There would be a number of people out there who would read this; try and figure out where it was that I took the photo and then hope for something along the same lines.

As I start earning more and more I am being VERY cautious as to what I say. I don't mind saying I had good sales or in the case of Alamy not a lot. But I think what we all have to remember, and is lacking here, is that we are competitors whether we like it or not.

Yes I understand Jools. That's why I didn't ask to see the image, just wondered what genre it was. Looking at your collection here on Alamy it could have been any number of excellent images. Here's to many more for you. :)

Thanks for understanding :D

The highest fee I've ever had was around $150 gross or so. At my other places I, touch wood, regularly seem to get a sale every month that is around $1K to $1.5K. The split is a little frustrating but then they are doing the keywording; marketing; have the name etc

I think the OP means "positive results" at Alamy, not elsewhere. This is Alamy's forum after all.

Cheers,

Philippe

As per Alamy's rules I didn't name the "other" place. At least it shows that decent prices can still be had!

Well done Jools, glad to hear things are working out for you whoever you licensed it with... I met you up in Scotland with Paul a few years ago and know just how hard you work at it..

Well done Jools, glad to hear things are working out for you whoever you licensed it with... I met you up in Scotland with Paul a few years ago and know just how hard you work at it..

Steve!!! Hello!!! How's it going? been a long time. Too long!

Archived