stockimo license commercial

hi

anyone know why i am not allowed to offer a shot with an unrecognisable person for commercial use through stockimo app. i though if they were unrecognisable it comercialy, but the app refuses it imediatly

thanks

Because them's the rules. 

Alamy hold that any part of a person, even the most blurred unrecognisable fingertip, constitutes "a person" and so the image should be regarded as non-commercial unless you have a model release.

The same is true of their image library in general but that is often honoured in the breach rather than the observance. It is up to the photographer to act in good faith in that regard.

oh...i must have forgotten. whats confusing is that i recall that for some reason it is important to determin wheather a person was recognisable or not, i just dont remember why that is ? any ideas?

oh...i must have forgotten. whats confusing is that i recall that for some reason it is important to determin wheather a person was recognisable or not, i just dont remember why that is ? any ideas?

That can be the case at other image libraries, especially microstock libraries.

ah...must have been the other agencyt...thanks....thats buggered it then, in another photo i went to great lengths to get a release from the only recognizable person...but the other people i assume also now need releases ....is that so?

Apparently. Stockimo is edited so someone can see you're not compliant whereas I probably still have a few here with bits of people from the days when I didn't know the difference. They continue to license so I don't worry about it.

Just checked. A few distant heads and hands, a couple of which I could get released, and a chap and his dog walking away, Alamy made me change that to RM because it had an unreleased work of art in it, but it has relicensed as RF anyway.

Relicensed to the same publisher who had it originally as RF, even though it had been changed to RM by then.So Alamy will relicense on identical terms.

I thought when something was licenced as RF, the buyer had the freedom to use it as often as they wanted for whatever they wanted. Why would they have to relicence if they had bought it RF?

Jill

Archived