If people are judging this by BHZ then I'm not sure if there is much point this time.

If you search BHZ and view by added by last month...you will see that there are hundreds of images with BHZ added by one contributor in the last month.

If the idea is one BHZ per contributor that will really affect how the results fall.

Michael

If people are judging this by BHZ then I'm not sure if there is much point this time.

If you search BHZ and view by added by last month...you will see that there are hundreds of images with BHZ added by one contributor in the last month.

If the idea is one BHZ per contributor that will really affect how the results fall.

Michael

Fortunately this contributor has a low rank so only effects pseudos near the back.

Pearl

Michael

Well spotted there, Michael. I wonder what is going on? Misunderstanding on how BHZ operates? Oversight in applying a metadata preset somewhere? Malicious messing to put we self-acknowledged nerds off the BHZ game? Who can tell except the perpetrator?

As it happens it matters only a little at the moment as nearly all the 215 images from the one contributor are in the last few pages of the BHZ search, so most people are unaffected. If by some miracle they all improved their position, it then might skew results in future re-ranks.

Oops - Pearl thinks and types faster than me...

Main pseudo from top of page 1 to top of page 3 ????????????

Second Pseudo up 2 positions on page 1

Third pseudo also to page 3.

All my stats and indicators are pointing in the opposite direction:

My number one and number three pseudo have most sales

per image

per view

per zoom

and highest CTR

of those three pseudos.

Any thoughts?

wim

As it happens it matters only a little at the moment as nearly all the 215 images from the one contributor are in the last few pages of the BHZ search

AFAICT, the first image (EJGK25) is in position 16 on page 8 (120 images per page, RF turned off)

Main pseudo from top of page 1 to top of page 3 ????????????

Second Pseudo up 2 positions on page 1

Third pseudo also to page 3.

All my stats and indicators are pointing in the opposite direction:

My number one and number three pseudo have most sales

per image

per view

per zoom

and highest CTR

of those three pseudos.

Any thoughts?

wim

......only that Alamy rank works in mysterious ways!

John.

If I use 120 images per page i'm still on page 2 (although near the bottom), but if I use 90 images per page i'm on page 3 (near the middle).

Still in position 222 which ever way I use, but down from position 124.

John.

Michael

Well spotted there, Michael. I wonder what is going on? Misunderstanding on how BHZ operates? Oversight in applying a metadata preset somewhere? Malicious messing to put we self-acknowledged nerds off the BHZ game? Who can tell except the perpetrator?

As it happens it matters only a little at the moment as nearly all the 215 images from the one contributor are in the last few pages of the BHZ search, so most people are unaffected. If by some miracle they all improved their position, it then might skew results in future re-ranks.

Oops - Pearl thinks and types faster than me...

Remarkably diverse content and quality by the user.  I wonder if that's because some of them are sourced from free sites?  Pixabay, perhaps?

Rerank or not, my ranking is as dire as ever. I can see no way of getting back to where I was a few years ago even though I have been putting in more effort and thought. Funkyworms image sums up my circumstances. Do I stick with it (zero returns), give up (zero returns) or start afresh with a new account (glimmer of hope?)?

I had hoped that after a rerank I might have seen some light at the end of the tunnel, I think the tunnel caved in. :(

This re-rank is a strange one.  My three psuedos have hardly moved at all.  Never seen that before.  Same pages except for my top psuedo going from bottom of pg 2 to top of pg 3.

If it was just me, I'd be wondering if the slight change is due to added BHZ contributors (some of which don't understand the concept) or a real re-rank.

Archived