Anyone using Nissin i40 with Fuji X-Series?

I recently sold my EF-X20 flashgun, primarily due to it's lack of standby mode and relatively slow wake-up time. I am now considering the Nissin i40 as a replacement to use with my X-E1 and, possibly, my X100. If anyone has experience of using the i40 with the Fuji X-Series, I'd be extremely grateful for their opinions.

Best regards, John.

I recently sold my EF-X20 flashgun, primarily due to it's lack of standby mode and relatively slow wake-up time. I am now considering the Nissin i40 as a replacement to use with my X-E1 and, possibly, my X100. If anyone has experience of using the i40 with the Fuji X-Series, I'd be extremely grateful for their opinions.

Best regards, John.

If you need TTL then it would be an interesting option yo go for! I have the EF-X20 for the times I need that.

If you don't, then the Yongnuo 560iii would be a better one..... hell, you could buy three of them for the price of the i40 or two plus the radio transmitter below. 

The 560iii has a built in radio receiver and works with the Yongnuo YN-560-TX transmitter that allows you to control up to 6 groups of these flashes from the camera.

They're well built and work really well..... but, manual only so if you need TTL....  :D

Duncan

Many thanks. Confess I'd not heard of the Yongnuo and, while it looks interesting (& very affordable!), I would be after a TTL option.

Cheers

John

Yeah.... in that case the i40 is well worth looking at. I think that is one area Fuji need to improve on, building a good flash system.

Archived