• 3 weeks later...

I've just joined and am trying to upload my four test images but it keeps saying they are too big! The minimum is 17mb, my files are between 18-25mb... any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Are shooting in RAW or JPG? If it's RAW,  edit then save out as TIFF. If the TIFF is 24MB then go ahead and save as a level 12 JPG. 

If you are shooting straight from JPG there is an Alamy Size Checker utility which you can Google for. You can also use this if you want to cut out the TIFF stage above and save straight from RAW to JPG.

Michael

Sending jpegs... not compressed though, do I have to send them compressed?? As zip files??

Your saved jpg file is compressed - has nothing to do with zip files.

If you cannot see the uncompressed file size in your image editing programme and don't want to do any calculations - this is the programme Michael is talking about:

http://www.braeside.plus.com/photography/alamy/alamy.html

Niels

Ah! I see. Thanks so much for your help everyone... I'm getting there. Although I'm still getting 'Profile Warning' so must be in the wrong colour profile... I see a lot of faffing to be done with all the images I want to upload. Fingers crossed the return is worth it :huh:

Shoot with a Canon EOS 500D Michael, normally shopot straight into jpeg due to laziness in post-processing!

Don't worry too much about colour profile. Alamy recommend aRGB but my cameras have always produced sRGB and I have never changed it.

The return may not be worth it unless you can streamline your processing. Shooting jpeg helps with that.

Ah! I see. Thanks so much for your help everyone... I'm getting there. Although I'm still getting 'Profile Warning' so must be in the wrong colour profile... I see a lot of faffing to be done with all the images I want to upload. Fingers crossed the return is worth it :huh:

Shoot with a Canon EOS 500D Michael, normally shopot straight into jpeg due to laziness in post-processing!

The 500D is 15 megapixel so you shouldn't have any problems with the native files size (max or min) straight out of camera.

Michael

Archived