New Professional Stock Photography Facebook

I too use the notifications to get to latest discussion. I did think about creating a forum on one of my web sites but decided against it because of the administration overhead. Especially as I am about to completely rework the site I would have used, switching technology at the same time. If FB genuinely becomes a problem I will reconsider that decision later in the year.

I too use the notifications to get to latest discussion. I did think about creating a forum on one of my web sites but decided against it because of the administration overhead. Especially as I am about to completely rework the site I would have used, switching technology at the same time. If FB genuinely becomes a problem I will reconsider that decision later in the year.

I think the important thing is that you have established that there is plenty of interest from photographers, facebook is not ideal for a forum, but it's good enough for people to have conversations and post stuff that they want to share or join in with. It's also important that it is not a public platform, so people feel able to ask questions etc., without worrying about clients etc., reading through it. It might have begun with Alamy contribs., but it's not about Alamy, it's already becoming a place for photographers to talk shop and exchange thoughts. 

As you say, later on it can be changed, but I'm glad you set it up and I think it's already proving to be a good place to drop in. Any plans for a coffee machine?  :)

I think the important thing is that you have established that there is plenty of interest from photographers, facebook is not ideal for a forum, but it's good enough for people to have conversations and post stuff that they want to share or join in with. It's also important that it is not a public platform, so people feel able to ask questions etc., without worrying about clients etc., reading through it. It might have begun with Alamy contribs., but it's not about Alamy, it's already becoming a place for photographers to talk shop and exchange thoughts. 

As you say, later on it can be changed, but I'm glad you set it up and I think it's already proving to be a good place to drop in. Any plans for a coffee machine?  :)

I might have to have a whip round to raise the funds for the coffee machine. But if you want to bring your own mug and biscuits we will see what we can do. I have a spare kettle, just need a corner of a table somewhere so that people can make a brew!

Sorry but you are the 101st. See what hesitation does! Welcome Allan, we are delighted that you decided to bit the bullet and join FB, and us.

At least I am first in something, even if it is the second hundred. :)

Allan

And appropriate mags on the table in the corner for times we may be in when no one else is there. ;)

Allan

I have a spare kettle, just need a corner of a table somewhere so that people can make a brew!

I'll bring some spoons - else there'll be that awkward moment when someone stirs YOUR coffee with THEIR finger   :o

I have a spare kettle, just need a corner of a table somewhere so that people can make a brew!

I'll bring some spoons - else there'll be that awkward moment when someone stirs YOUR coffee with THEIR finger   :o

Knowing this lot I think we better chain them to the table! ;)

Sorry but you are the 101st. See what hesitation does! Welcome Allan, we are delighted that you decided to bit the bullet and join FB, and us.

Allan

You will be pleased to know that you are in the top 500. First time I have been too :)

Allan

You will be pleased to know that you are in the top 500. First time I have been too :)

WOW!

Allan

Hi everyone - we've let this thread continue for a while but it's now time to close it.

We hope you can understand our viewpoint, but using an Alamy forum (which is paid for, run and maintained by Alamy) to promote discussion away from Alamy is not really in keeping with the spirit of why we set this forum up.

It's common practice for forum rules to not allow promoting or prompting of links to drive traffic away to other places and although we've let this run for a certain amount of time, it's now time to lock it down.

Thanks

Alamy 

Archived