March Challenge: "The Good Life"

MariaJ

I'm happy to have the opportunity to give it a go with a monthly challenge topic.  And thank you for that.  After enjoying some celebrations with friends recently, I got thinking about what it means to be living or having the good life.   And so that's what this month's challenge will be about.  Looking forward to your interpretations!

Topic:  The Good Life

• Max entries per person:  3
  • Photos must be on alamy.
  • Challenge closes on March 31, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PST
  • Eight finalists to be chosen by me for voting.

Have fun!  :)

Maria

Interesting challenge Maria. Not sure how to interpret this, are you going to post a couple of samples?

Here's my first effort

a-young-man-looks-down-along-striding-ed

A young man looks down along Striding Edge with Red Tarn to the left, Helvellyn

I think you've captured it Bryan.  

The image should be depicting whatever you think it means to be living the good life. And that's subjective. For some it may mean living the life of luxury, for others being it's being able to spend time climbing the highest peaks, and so on.

Choose any image(s) that could be used to represent living the good life, and there are many possible versions of it.  You don't have to choose something representing your own personal opinion of the good life, just a possible illustration of the concept.

Sorry to be so complicated on my first try!

This one from China was hard to get to.  Cable car, long hike to mountain inn, pre-dawn hike to get in position for sunrise - but it was worth it.  I'm sure the lucky fellow on the lookout agreed.

Lion Peak and Stone Monkey watching the Sea Peak at first light with fog in valley at Huangshan Mountains China

lion-peak-and-stone-monkey-watching-the-

The other two also involved a fair bit of prep work.  Stuffing that furniture and strobes in my car and getting the models.  The "estate" was free.  That's the old water filtration plant in Toronto.

Wealthy young man in suit sitting on a couch with a drink on a terrace at a mansion

wealthy-young-man-in-suit-sitting-on-a-c

Wealthy young man in suit standing behind a couch and table on the lawn at a mansion

wealthy-young-man-in-suit-standing-behin

While people in most of the rest of Canada were digging themselves out of a January deep freeze, this Vancouver cyclist was sitting back and enjoying the balmy winter we've had here. He was living the good life in my book.

male-cyclist-sitting-on-a-park-bench-ove

This dozing Mexico City cat (and friend) struck me as living the good life, especially in a country where animals are not always treated very well.

sleeping-cat-at-the-museo-frida-kahlo-al

Likewise, it doesn't necessarily take a lot to make some humans happy.

man-and-palm-tree-puerto-morelos-quintan

I like the subject. The person leading the Challenge often takes the opportunity to showcase a few of their own images.

Paulette

Oops, well I didn't want to bias anybody with my own interpretations.  

I really like all the examples people are coming up with, I can tell already this one will be hard to shortlist!

I like the subject. The person leading the Challenge often takes the opportunity to showcase a few of their own images.

Paulette

Oops, well I didn't want to bias anybody with my own interpretations.  

I really like all the examples people are coming up with, I can tell already this one will be hard to shortlist!

This strikes me as a good topic to leave open to interpretation (i.e. examples not needed). The offerings have have been pretty diverse so far.

An older couple relax with their dog looking out at the Falaise D'Aval in Étretat,  France.

senior-couple-with-dog-sitting-on-bench-

and, finally, after possibly too much of the good life, a couple sleep on a bench in Seville, Spain

a-couple-sleep-within-an-alcove-of-the-p

Great topic. Three from me. 

For me there is no life so good as big mountain days, with cold early starts and ever increasing views over high peaks and deep valleys. They aren't always easy days but they touch me deeply, they fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run. 

shadows-of-three-climbers-on-the-south-r

On the Nadelhorn in Switzerland, a splendidly narrow ridge (with knee-knocking drops behind me as I took this). 

mountaineers-on-a-narrow-ridge-high-on-m

On the gorgeous five day traverse of Monte Rosa. The good life indeed. The best of it was that it was pouring with rain in the valleys for three days non-stop while we were up in deep blue skies on these ridges. 

a-young-woman-smiling-and-holding-a-pint

And of course a pint with the boss. 

Colin

The Good Life is....

Relaxing with friends...

three-young-polar-bears-ursus-maritimus-

DC2C4T  Polar Bears in Churchill, Manitoba, Canada

Playing with the little ones....

male-african-lion-panthera-leo-playing-w

D75C50  Lions in the Masai Mara, Kenya, Africa

Doing a bit of dancing...

cute-polar-bear-cub-ursus-maritimus-stan

EH0WPD  Polar Bear Cub in Svalbard, Norway

Paulette

The Good Life is....

Relaxing with friends...

three-young-polar-bears-ursus-maritimus-

DC2C4T  Polar Bears in Churchill, Manitoba, Canada

Playing with the little ones....

male-african-lion-panthera-leo-playing-w

D75C50  Lions in the Masai Mara, Kenya, Africa

Doing a bit of dancing...

cute-polar-bear-cub-ursus-maritimus-stan

EH0WPD  Polar Bear Cub in Svalbard, Norway

Paulette

I have just got to say AHHHH to all three photos. :)

Allan

Thank you, Allan. A different shot of that little polar bear cub has just sold for a magazine in Germany. He was my favorite cub of the trip. He loved to stand up. They each have a personality.

Paulette

Thank you, Allan. A different shot of that little polar bear cub has just sold for a magazine in Germany. He was my favorite cub of the trip. He loved to stand up. They each have a personality.

Paulette

Cub looks like he's doing The Happy Dance, Paulette.

Archived