Alamy blog - Photographing Longevity

Alamy

All my contemporaries have either moved away, have become alienated from me, or died. 

Nonetheless, you're still around and snapping away, Edo.

Definitely a timely blog post. In Canada, one in five people is over age 65 (at 66, I'm now in that group), and the proportion is expected to increase steadily. Many people are also postponing retirement to well beyond 65, perhaps indefinitely due to economic pressures.

Ah, old age ^_^ Would it mean stop working and having plenty of time to relax and enjoy life

or ............ would it mean still working your butt off 'cause you can't survive on your measly pension :(

No and Yes, in that order.

Alan

Ah, old age ^_^ Would it mean stop working and having plenty of time to relax and enjoy life

or ............ would it mean still working your butt off 'cause you can't survive on your measly pension :(

Alan

True enough, but it is possible to combine the two -- i.e. work can be play. At least that's what I'm hoping.

True enough, but it is possible to combine the two -- i.e. work can be play. At least that's what I'm hoping.

That's what I hoped too, but in reality it's becoming a chore that I would rather not have to do. Despite still enjoying my work there are so many other things I want to do as well.

Alan

That's what I hoped too, but in reality it's becoming a chore that I would rather not have to do. Despite still enjoying my work there are so many other things I want to do as well.

Alan

I hear you. You do look a wee bit stressed -- or at least pensive -- in your new avatar photo. B)

Despite still enjoying my work there are so many other things I want to do as well.

I hear you. You do look a wee bit stressed -- or at least pensive -- in your new avatar photo. B)

Definitely not stressed! That was an example of those other things I want to do - I was listening intently at a poetry evening.

Alan

Despite still enjoying my work there are so many other things I want to do as well.

Definitely not stressed! That was an example of those other things I want to do - I was listening intently at a poetry evening.

Alan

Aha! That explains it. I used to write a lot of poetry, even had some published. However, my muse abandoned me. Perhaps it will return in my later years.

image-of-kate-omara-take-at-the-misty-mo

I am lucky to be able to regularly photograph actors and actresses from the theatre, TV and film,  some of whom have  had a long career in the business and consequently come into the category of longevity. The image of Kate O'Mare is an example,  although Kate is sadly no longer with us,  she did have a very long and illustrious career.   

Archived