I have entered the Fine Art America competition and I don't have a huge amount of Facebook friends so I'm struggling to make the 250 votes needed to make the next round . I see some posters adding a FAA link to their posts so hopefully I'm not breaking any Alamy rules by asking for help here.

Here is a link to the photo and a little info. Any votes would be greatly appreciated 

http://fineartamerica.com/contests/national-tv-photo-contest-3.html?tab=vote&artworkid=6163808 

Here’s a little background on the photo. 

Its Horsetail falls in Yosemite California USA, and comes off the top of El Capitan . It only happens for about 2 weeks a year at the end of February and a lot of things need to be right . To begin with you need snow on El Capitan, then you need it to be melting . It appears for a few minutes right before sunset so you need either no cloud or a break in the cloud just at the right moment. Its an awesome sight and a party time with spectators taking champagne, drinks, cocktails and food out into the snow covered viewing areas to watch.

Many thanks.

I tried to vote but they want me to be on Facebook. I'm not and not yet on FAA. I must say these "People's Choice" type contests seem to eliminate everyone who isn't deeply into social media. I've seen one winner who was very much inferior to other contestants. Sorry to be pessimistic. You know your shot is wonderful, I hope.

Paulette

I tried to vote but they want me to be on Facebook. I'm not and not yet on FAA. I must say these "People's Choice" type contests seem to eliminate everyone who isn't deeply into social media. I've seen one winner who was very much inferior to other contestants. Sorry to be pessimistic. You know your shot is wonderful, I hope.

Paulette

+1

WOW, great image.  That is the best image of that event that I have

ever seen.  Make sure to guard your copyright and I would register

that image with the U.S. copyright office.

Did I say Great Image.

Your very kind words mean a lot to me Chuck as I know your work and experience and I am humbled by your comments and will take your advise.

I'm a member and won't vote for people who solicit votes, maybe it's because I'm a Brit that I find it distasteful. Great shot all the same.

I'm from  Cornwall  but live in California . FAA use the competition  to promote their product getting their members to advertise for them. I don't mind,  at the end of day we all should do better if we work together . If I didn't promote my photo it would remain buried in over 10,000 other photo's . At the end of the day the most popular entrants will go through to the judging round and perhaps not the best photo and I accept that, but, thats why I entered, because I believe my photo is good and with only 60 FB friends I would like to prove the system wrong.I have no choice if I want to get into the judging round. I respect your opinion and wish you well.

It's beautiful Duncan, I voted for it as well.

This is my fourth year participating in the FAA TV competition and since I'm unwilling to scrounge for votes I settle for the increased exposure participation brings. My most popular image has just 16 votes so there is little chance I will come close to the 250 needed to move up.

It's beautiful Duncan, I voted for it as well.

This is my fourth year participating in the FAA TV competition and since I'm unwilling to scrounge for votes I settle for the increased exposure participation brings. My most popular image has just 16 votes so there is little chance I will come close to the 250 needed to move up.

Lynn thank you for your kind comment. You guys have made my day.

Paulette

+1

Thanks  Paulette and Ed, I hear what you are saying. Thanks for taking the time to look at the shot and for posting . 

Got my vote. Fab shot!

What I found interesting is this part in FAA talking about shooting the commercial:

"All three winners will appear in the same commercial. During filming, you'll be asked to speak about your experience selling prints on FineArtAmerica.com and using our tools to enhance your career as a photographer."

What if one or two or all three of the winners haven't sold anything or not very much at all. I wonder if that will come into play when the contest ends.

Jill

Archived