Portfolio review in exchange for immortality?

Hi,

I've learnt a great deal searching through the forums, and I've created a lot of pseudonyms recently to get a better idea of which of my types of photos are working.  I'm in the process of adding more (another of the teachings from the experienced, this is a numbers game to a certain extent!)

However, I'd really appreciate anyone who could take a look at my portfolio and give any views on the keywords, standard, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Thanks in advance, Fred

* Disclaimer: I may not be able to actually supply you with immortality if you review my portfolio.  But the intention is there!

Lots of nice images - I particularly like the Istanbul ones.

Here are some suggestions on keywords I would use with some of your pics:

C5R143 long hair, young,cigarette,smoking,boho,rock chick,sunglasses,England

C5RN4W (amongst other Istanbul pics) Islamic, art, decorative, Islamic decoration, Ottoman and perhaps byzantine

C5RN3F  lantern

C5RMW0 seraphim

C5RMT6 Christ pantocreator

C5RM6P  I'd be inclined to add some keywords about potential environmental damage in ship-breaking, but you'd know better if that was relevant.

C5R2NK Brunel bridge

C5RMFF  underground, vaulted

C5PYN5 box hedge, topiary

C5PYTM  vintage shop, vintage furniture, atomic coat stand

It's 'pantocrator', from the Greek  kratos, not the Latin creator.

Of course it is, that will teach me to hurry.

Still, might be worth including the mis-spelling as well - if I've done that, searchers might too.

It's 'pantocrator', from the Greek  kratos, not the Latin creator.

Of course it is, that will teach me to hurry.

Still, might be worth including the mis-spelling as well - if I've done that, searchers might too.

Oh definitely. I've had searches returned on a mis-spelling and suspect one of them led to a sale.

Very nice port.

I would add, though, that you have a couple of images of a bird titled, "unknown bird in a tree, Las Vegas". You must identify any bird, animals and plants if they are purely the subject, with the name and scientific name. I have a book on birds, (The Sibleys Guide to Birds) for North America. once you think you have the ID, run the name through Wikipedia, and do a search on Alamy until you are confident.

Example: Northern Flicker, Colaptes chrysoides. Nature is a hard nut to crack for sales. To have any chance at all, they have to be identified properly.

Betty

Much appreciated all.  I'll look into the keywords again, some great suggestions there.  And I didn't realise the angle was an issue, that's very valuable to know. I'll keep adding more in as well! Thanks for the feedback

I will be doing some "inside the surf" photography this winter.  I will intentionally take some shots on an angle. It should give the viewer a "you are there with the photographer" feeling. The same "inside a washing machine" feeling I get when hit by a wave.

Rules are made to be broken, if there is a good reason to break them.

Archived