January Challenge - Informal Portrait of a Stranger.

Bryan

In the absence of a competition topic from the winner of the December challenge, I have been asked to move the game on. I'll withdraw the challenge if the true winner comes forward in the next two days.

I did contemplate a snow theme, but there are those of us who rarely if ever see the stuff, so the subject of the challenge is an Informal Portrait of a Stranger. I like quirky, so I will be selecting on that basis at the end of the month. Posed model shots of immaculately  groomed people with perfect teeth will score negative.....   Oh, and people please, not cats nor dogs etc!

The usual rules apply, up to three photos submitted per person, with eight being selected for a vote at the end of the month.  

Edit - Forgot to include a few of my personal favourites in this category.

obese-man-smoking-and-holding-painting-g

young-male-political-campaigner-objectin

No cats or dogs!!! Bears? Lions? By the way, I loved your photo in the competition. I guess my entry of the guy drinking cow's blood would have classified as quirky.

Paulette

No cats or dogs!!! Bears? Lions? By the way, I loved your photo in the competition. I guess my entry of the guy drinking cow's blood would have classified as quirky.

Paulette

Cheers Paulette, the winning entries will feature human animals as the principal participants, other miscellaneous creatures are not specifically excluded. Man drinking cow's blood sounds good to me!

Well my Masai man did make it to the finals but your quirky entry beat him out. I think I'll move on. Not that many people in my portfolio but I do have some. There used to be a tradition of the person issuing the challenge posting a few examples from their own work. It would be fun to see a few of your quirky people.

Paulette

Paulette

Cheers Paulette, the winning entries will feature human animals as the principal participants, other miscellaneous creatures are not specifically excluded. Man drinking cow's blood sounds good to me!

Sounds good . . . as a snack suggestion? Have you people been watching those teen vampire shows again?  

Winter gloom has set in, and I'm bored. So here are a couple from me.

Still Number One! I didn't even have to ask this guy to pose.

elderly-man-wearing-a-cowboy-hat-giving-

This handsome Huichol Indian gentleman from Mexico was very proud of his hat. Have to admit, it's quite something.

huichol-indian-artisan-from-nayarit-mexi

Girls' Halloween night out in Tokyo (any excuse to dress up)

girls-night-out-holoween-at-roppongi-cro

[portrait images have really shrunk!]

Fishing in Akasaka, Tokyo just after a Typhoon has passed through.

the-calm-following-a-typhoon-in-akasaka-

Good-natured crowd control at a Tokyo festival.

fukagawa-hachiman-matsuri-fukagawa-hachi

You're spurring me on to more uploading!

This is one of a beggar in Rome last year. I haven't uploaded it in any library yet though. 

I asked him for directions and then seeing he had a great photogenic face asked if he minded his photo being taken. Was 1€ OK? Nope. 2€ please! Absolutely :)

Hope it counts  :unsure:

jme-10596.jpg?w=640

I'll try again.  With captions:

Coldwater local man on River street dressed for the steampunk festival in summer

coldwater-local-man-on-river-street-dres

Blurred mob of bloody Zombies attacking bystander victims while lurching along in the annual Toronto walk (yes I got away with a SaLD image - just as well considering the content)

blurred-mob-of-bloody-zombies-attacking-

Two tough young female metal punk rockers in a basement school locker room

two-tough-young-female-metal-punk-rocker

This is one of a beggar in Rome last year. I haven't uploaded it in any library yet though. 

I asked him for directions and then seeing he had a great photogenic face asked if he minded his photo being taken. Was 1€ OK? Nope. 2€ please! Absolutely :)

jme-10596.jpg?w=640

Two Euros well spent Jules, but in the spirit of the competition, I feel that only Alamy images should be eligible. Fear not however, as there is plenty of time for you to upload and keyword your shot before the deadline.

jme-10596.jpg?w=640

Two Euros well spent Jules, but in the spirit of the competition, I feel that only Alamy images should be eligible. Fear not however, as there is plenty of time for you to upload and keyword your shot before the deadline.

This competition has been going for a very long time, and it has never been a requirement that only Alamy images are eligible . . . only Alamy contributors. It was started so as to inspire, not restrict, and I for one hope it remains so.

dd

Archived