Dimensions to plug in post; for 6 mp D-70

Both of my 7100's are in the shop for work, so I am having to use my old D-70. Because of it's smaller mega pixel size, I remember having to add a couple of numbers in post in order to upload images. Unfortunately, I can't remember what those numbers are. Can somebody please help me with this? Thank you.

Luciano 

surely your 6 mp sensor ought to produce an 18 mp TIFF which will just squeeze past the current 17 mp Alamy minimum as long as you don't crop at all?

As for numbers, it depends on which software you are using where you enter any adjustments, but if you can avoid upsizing, that has to be the best plan.

For what it's worth I have run some D70 files through Alamy SizeCheck and they fail. However, since then the minimum file size has been lowered [ as previously mentioned ]

The D70 is not on either the approved or "not suitable camera lists as I recall.

It certainly was on the approved list and I submitted many upsized images successfully in the large file days. I'm surprised how good results still are when I occasionally use my old D70 body - easily better than a D5100 I have.

John Crellin

I have quite a few images here from this camera, my first digital.

Important to nail exposure, or noise rears its ugly head in skies and shadows. Back then, I had to upsize to 48mb. That procedure would not pass today's QC standards.

Betty

I have to interpolate the numbers. I had the formula, but I can't find the paper that has the information on it. I use Photoshop and in the dimension boxes is where I added the numbers and did another step, but I can't remember what they are. Does anybody have any idea? I don't know where to look for the information. Your help is appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I spoke to Alamy in the middle of last year about submitting from a D70s - as an earlier comment says it's neither ok nor a definite no, so I went ahead and submitted in several batches. Thankfully they all passed QC. Longest edge 3008 pixels.

Hope this helps

Martin

www.windmillskies.com

• 7 months later...

I have to interpolate the numbers.

If you haven't cropped, you don't have to interpolate anything. An uncropped image from the D70 should just meet the 17MB requirement (17.2 in fact). If you have cropped, just interpolate back up to the original size.

Alan

For what it's worth I have run some D70 files through Alamy SizeCheck and they fail. However, since then the minimum file size has been lowered [ as previously mentioned ]

The D70 is not on either the approved or "not suitable camera lists as I recall.

The latest version of Alamy SizeChecker available here was updated (in Feb 2015) to recognise the new (17MB) file size limits.

It uses colour coding to indicate which size limits are complied with

Red for less than 17MB (fail), Magenta for 17 to 24MB, Blue for 24 to 48MB, Green for 48MB and above.

Archived