Just noticed. 

Alamy will introduce FTP upload for stock and reportage images.

<link removed by admin>

AND

I've just uploaded reportage images and the caption section has changed from 128 letters to 600 ...

:-) Nice.

Its great!!

But in the last sentence it says: Once you’ve uploaded your images you can manage them in your My Alamy.

Does this mean that even when we upload stock images they will be available directly for managing? Is there no QC anymore?

Mirco

This is currently only available to people who have already submitted FTP live news.

The good news is that we are rolling the FTP option out to all contributors over the next month or so.

Cheers

Alamy

not being computer savvy. What are the advantages sending them via ftp over the normal way

Kevin

Usually a little quicker and less prone to corruption, but the real advantage is being able to just leave the software running without the need to coax uploads. In the event of say a power failure the software will continue from where left upon restart. I also believe that should one inadvertently upload a wrong image it can be deleted if spotted quick enough as you are directly accessing Alamy's server.

Maybe others will have more info.

This is currently only available to people who have already submitted FTP live news.

The good news is that we are rolling the FTP option out to all contributors over the next month or so.

Cheers

Alamy

I tried to log in last evening (my time) to see if the standard stock folder is there.  It is not there using the same credentials I use for live news.  I don't think it's available to all of us that upload to live news yet.

If you've got FTP upload privileges, when you press on the 'upload' button on your dashboard you should see a third option at the bottom of the list saying, 'FTP upload', as well as 'Stock upload' and 'news upload' 

John.

not being computer savvy. What are the advantages sending them via ftp over the normal way

Kevin

I often FTP images form my PhotoShelter website and am always surprised at how smooth and quick the process is, much speedier than uploads via my not-so-speedy Internet connection. The free "FTP clients" like FileZilla are easy to set up and use as well.

If you've got FTP upload privileges, when you press on the 'upload' button on your dashboard you should see a third option at the bottom of the list saying, 'FTP upload', as well as 'Stock upload' and 'news upload' 

John.

Yes, that's where the original link was from (removed by Alamy).  But when you attempt to FTP, there are three folders for news upload and there is no folder for stock upload.

16bh7yh.jpg

According to the instructions, I should be seeing a folder for:

Stock

Archive Stock

Vectors

Those folders are not there.

Archived